Anyway, I'm happy to be sharing this week's top 5 with you! I'm linking up with the girls at Five on Friday, High Five for Friday and Friday Favorites, per usual on these days.
1. DIY Christmas decorating. The craft bug has struck and I'm in full Christmas mode around the Thrift for Today House. Hopefully you saw my recent DIY Noel sign for the mantel earlier this week, I've got awesome posts scheduled from some super contributors for the next few weeks (see the first guest post here), and I've still got a few projects of my own to share. I didn't want to spend lots of money on decorations this year (since I'll get them the day after for next year) so I've been trying to be crafty and use what we have. Like the cylinder vases below - they're from our wedding. I just dropped some ornaments in them and wrapped them with some left over ribbon and they look great!
2. The weather today. It's in the 70's. In December. It's unusual, but I prefer it to freezing for sure.
3. The Share Your Stuff Tuesday link party by Our Table for Seven. This week, my post was the most viewed link for the second week in a row! This week's most viewed post was my fudgy chocolate chip brownies, and the week before featured the tutorial for washing pillows. I've felt so honored to have so many people checking out those links!
4. The Sound of Music Live. Did anyone else watch it on NBC last night?! I know there will probably be lots of people to say that the NBC version isn't as good as the original classic, but I really enjoyed it!
5. The Most Important Christmas Choice: A Proverbs 31 devotion posted this week by Tracie Miles. In it, she encourages us to follow after the example of the angels and to choose to worship the Christmas season. Amidst all the hustle and bustle to stop and worship.
"There will be lots of choices to be made during the month of December: where to serve, what gifts to buy, and how many events to attend. The most important choice we can make is to worship and sing praises to our Lord. For His gift. For His love. For His peace."
So tell me, what are you up to this week? Do you have big plans for the weekend?