Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Budgeting Bride & Her Thrifty Groom

I am a very strong believer in stewardship and with that comes quite a bit of thrift.  It helps to have a fiance that gets just as excited to find great deals as I do. 

As such, planning this wedding has been quite the adventure.  I'm not complaining though.  Having a budget has helped us really think about what our priorities are and what we are willing to do without.  I'll have the wedding I've always dreamed of.  It will be as beautiful and celebratory, fun and romantic as the next.  It will capture our personalities and be a treat for our guests.  But, it will not cost as much as we make in a year because as wonderful and special as that day is, we have our whole lives ahead of us. 

SO, last night Bryce surprised me with a little treat -- a great big box full of votive candle holders that he got for free from someone who recently got married on Craigslist. 

This is no joke. 

Welcome home little votive holders!
I am so thankful for Bryce and all of the ways that he looks out for us and helps me to have all I've dreamed of...without breaking the bank.  (He also scored the deal for us to have all of our save the dates printed for free several months ago.)  What a keeper. 

Happy thrifting!!

Until next time,
ML(C)

Also, the national championship game was last night...eh. I don't know anyone who was pulling for Kentucky. My brackets went out the window a long time ago though. There's always next year, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)