Monday, April 16, 2012

Fiesta Dress and Other News

What a busy, but productive weekend we had last weekend!  On Saturday, Bryce and I went to some of our favorite little treasure troves, Durham Rescue Mission and Goodwill.  We don't go shopping very often, but when we do, I always love to stop by these thrift stores to see what's in.  At the end of the day, I think that these organizations provide helpful services to people in our communities, and they provide me with treasure hunts and great deals when I find something I like. 

This weekend was no different.  I actually found a few things that I wanted -- a new chair (which I was very sad to leave at the Rescue Mission), and new dresses.  Unfortunately though, we only had $6 in cash, so I could only have one.  Below is the picture of the dress that I have affectionately dubbed as the "Fiesta Dress" and although I really did love it, I ended up being way more practical and getting a black jersey (material, not style) dress that I will wear pretty regularly, I'm sure. 


See what I'm saying -- Party in a Dress!  This was also a great find, because it reminded me that I have not shared the fun news about where we are going for our honeymoon:  CANCUN!  I am so excited for the sun and sand that I can hardly stand it.  I am so looking forward to starting our married life with such a wonderful vacation!  (I actually told Bryce that if he bought me this dress, I would wear it to our honeymoon.  He wasn't convinced.)  Regardless, I can't think of a better dress to make this blog announcement in. 

We were also able to visit with Abigail, my sister whose birthday is coming up this week (stay tuned...), our pastor for some sweet pre-marriage counseling and Bible study, and with our wedding coordinator. 

I am so thankful to be getting things done, but I am really looking forward to being able to relax.  (continue the graduation countdown...)

Until next time,
ML(C)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)