Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blogging for no one

When I started this blog almost a year ago, I publicized every post on facebook or twitter, and often on both. I got a lot of traffic, but my posting was not very frequent.  In fact, the posting eventually came to a halt.  Part of me didn't really know what to write.  [A big] part of me just didn't have time to write (I was finishing grad school and planning a wedding, after all!).  And part of me just forgot about the blog all together.

Since picking it back up, I've only advertised a few posts, but my posts have been significantly more consistent and frankly, just better.  So, what's the difference? I think right now, I'm just busy blogging for no one.  Don't get me wrong - I would eventually like to have consistent followers and input on the blog, but for now having just a few number of views each day gives me some breathing room.

I can play with the layout and design without being too concerned about someone seeing the "in progress" version and I can update and change the content often.

For those that are keeping up with our adventures - what are some blogs that you follow?  What kinds of things would you like to see up here?

I plan to continue promoting this blog occasionally and will eventually determine more concretely what to focus on from a content standpoint, but for now - it's for no one.  Except the faithful few.  And I like it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)