Thursday, March 28, 2013

Closing Day

With apologies for my absence, I'm ready to get back to this and share our new home with all of you!  I have  been so excited to finally be able begin this new home series and now that things are continuing to come together I've taken the time to upload the pictures so far, I feel like I might be ready to get the show on the road.

We continue to be so thankful for our new home and excited about all of the new memories that we will have the opportunity to make here.  What a great blessing we've received with this house and what a great opportunity we have to share it with others.

We closed on a Friday and took the whole day off of work to celebrate and keep getting things ready for our move.  Our closing went really smoothly and was over in just about an hour, so we had plenty of time to bask in being new home owners.  If you know us, it will come as no surprise that the first thing we did after closing was go out for burgers...so delicious and fun.


The next pictures are the before pictures that I took almost immediately when we were able to go into the house.  I wanted to get all of these before moving anything in.  I snapped so many pictures, not wanting to miss or forget anything.  
 Entryway by the front door

 Dining room 

The eat-in kitchen

 Upstairs

 Cozy living room

Upstairs bedroom (notice the Winnie the Pooh decals on the wall...)

Upstairs bathroom

The master bedroom (that color did not last long)

Another bedroom (Barbie themed)

Driving into the garage for the first time

Enjoying our new hopscotch court

Hands down, favorite picture of the whole day.  Winning hopscotch.  

I don't have a good picture of the front of the house unfortunately, but it will be coming soon!  Coming next in this little home series:  painting, turning in the apartment keys, scaffolding, and more paint.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Leigh!!! I love it!!!!! So happy for you and Bryce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home you guys!!! It's fabulous!!! Can't wait for the next installments. Yahoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)