Friday, March 1, 2013

Re-potting the plants

During the summer of 2009, I had the privilege of serving on a team with my church and the wonderful ladies at the American School for Women and Children in Toledo, Ohio.  Before we left, the lady that hosted us in her home gave each of us a small piece of aloe vera, or "burn plants" as my grandmama used to call them.  [She always had them in her patio and would let us use them if we ever got a burn.]  They are great for all kinds of burns.  People are sometimes shocked that I use the gel inside, but if you've ever read the ingredients for the stuff you buy in the store, this is it.  The only caveat though:  since it's straight from the plan, it will dry a little bit green on your skin.  If you don't mind that, this stuff is so nice for your skin. 

My small plant has grown, multiplied, and had to be re-potted several times.  Never like this though.  Thanks to some great weather, a huge bag of potting soil, some new pots from Durham Rescue Mission, and the wonderful hubs, I was able to do the biggest re-potting to date.

Unfortunately, I waited so long to do this, so lots of the roots were interconnected.  I'm really hoping that the small roots on the baby plant take hold and the plants continue to grow.

BEFORE:
I am so proud of how it has grown the past 3.5 years!

Love this one!


HUGE BAG OF POTTING SOIL:
 
AFTER:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)