Friday, June 7, 2013

Mod podge monogram

A couple weekends ago, I was able to catch up on some of the projects I've had waiting around for me in the house.  We've been spending quite a bit of time painting, touching up paint, cleaning walls, and other big things. (For pink master bedroom, wall decals, and fruit wallpaper, see here) and I've had very little time for decorating (read:  I'm too nervous to hang many things on the fresh paint without being 100% sure I want it to go in a certain place).  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the new paint, but I have been itching for a quick, easy, and fun project.  I finally decided on this sweet little wooden monogram from Michael's.  It was just $4.99 (minus 40% with the regular coupon on the site).




Next, I cut out lots of bright scraps of paper from Pottery Barn's summer magazine.  (I love all the bright   toss pillows!!)

From there, I used a glue stick to arrange the paper on the "C".  Mod podge works fine for this, but I think a glue stick is a little neater for this part of the project.  Once all the paper was how I wanted it, I pulled out the mod podge.  If you haven't used this before, you're missing out.  It's glue and sealing finish in one neat little bottle.

You just paint it on with a sponge brush, let it dry, and voila!  I am in love.  This little splash of color makes me so happy!  This was such a simple and fun little project.  


I'm still looking around for a simple frame to hang around it but until then, welcome to summer, little monogram!

Also, as mentioned before, Wedding Spree 2013 resumes this weekend.  So if things are slow around here, that's why.  But, I'll be sure to get lots of fun pictures these next few weekends, so things should be booming after that.

Love is in the air and I can't wait to share these love stories with you!

This project is linked up at House of Rose's Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop #15 and with Danielle over at Blissful and Domestic!

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Mary Leigh if you're nervious about putting holes in your walls and the item is light enough, like you monograms use a straight pin. It will make a tiny hole. Learned that from a decorator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tip! Holes in the wall always make me nervous unless I know for sure it's where I want something. The straight pin idea seems simple and harmless enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! Love the idea of using bright pictures from magazines! Found you at Blissful & Domestic! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Danielle! I'm hoping to find a funky frame or something to hang around it soon. Checking out your site - looks really fun! Hope you also have a great weekend; happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)