Monday, July 29, 2013

A happy little surprise

I don't usually splurge on things for myself.  I mean every now and then I do, but not often.  And then recently at work, I got a sweet little card from my boss with a certificate and gift card.  Apparently HR has a program whereby staff can be nominated from various departments for contributions to the team. That in and of itself was a fun surprise that I was thankful for, but made even more so when I realized that there was  $30 gift card included in the award.  So, it's not a lot, but it was more than enough to make my day and allow me to splurge guilt free on some fun little things just for me.  

So, I ended up with these gems below:


1. A silver frame - that I haven't decided where to put or which picture to use in it (but it was a whopping $0.66 from our local thrift store and still in excellent condition, so it came home with me)

2.  That cute set of candle holders.  I love the swirly design of them.  I've been looking for matching candle holders for a while, but am not a huge fan of the really bulky ones that I find everywhere.  These are just dainty enough to be pretty and I love them.

3.  I also got three new nail polish color.  I never buy nail polish because it lasts so long.  But, I really don't have many fun colors, so I was happy to add a little coral (ok...I've got lots of pink/coral/red ones already), green, and purple to the mix.  The colors I picked were all by Sinful Colors.  From right to left, Mint Apple, Dream On, and Island Coral.



I also got these bright green running shorts because let's be real.  When I'm not at work I'm wearing running shorts about 75% of the time.

So no, I didn't splurge on anything huge.  But it was so fun to get all these little things.  And of course, I'm thankful to my co-workers who nominated me for the award.

Happy Monday, guys!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those candle holders! Also obsessed with sinful colors nail polish, i have like 25 different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie! Theses are my first colors from that line. I was a little hesitant to try them at first, but I really like them...and you definitely can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)