Monday, July 8, 2013

Celebrating a year and looking forward to the others

I realize it's day 8 of July, but June was such a month of celebrations and I'm not quite finished sharing.  After all of our summer weddings, we were able to wrap up the celebrations with our anniversary, so I think that in and of itself deserves a big HOORAH!

So to celebrate, we went out to dinner at Maggiano's on Friday night, which was delicious and fun and a great way to end the work week.

Then on Saturday, we took a trip to the NC Zoo.  I know this sounds like a silly thing to do for an anniversary, but we decided a while ago to do something fun and simple and the zoo was perfect.  We got to spend sometime outdoors, be active, and to do something that we haven't done since we were kids.

Feeding the giraffe


The King of the Jungle

Just monkeying around 



 And then we took one year pictures.  If the dress still fits, I say...also, I'm in love with this little wedding outfit remake that Bryce put together from the thrift store.  So so fancy.


And one year later, the cake still tastes delicious.  I totally forgot that the top layer was chocolate, and I was happily surprised.  I expected to just eat a piece and toss the rest.  I mean, the cake can't be delicious after a full year, right?  Wrong.  Still delicious.  Still eating it.


Thankfully, I was also able to get a little bit of work done on some lingering projects, and I'm excited to share those with you soon!

What a great gift we have in marriage.  I just love him.  Today and all the others.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)