Wednesday, July 3, 2013

God bless the USA -- some patriotic inspiration

Happy almost 4th of July!!  I cannot believe that it is already July... aka half way through the summer.  But here we are.  I love America everyday and am thankful for days like today that remind us of the gift that we have to be American and to celebrate all of the men and women that have served and continue to serve this country and helped protect and defend her and keep the rest of us safe.  I'm thankful for our independence and for the many opportunities that it affords us.

I hope that your day is filled with family and friends and cookouts and watermelon and fireworks.  Below, I've rounded up some of my favorite July 4th inspired pins.  Maybe next year, I'll get around to making something crafty and patriotic for our house.  We're having family in town, so I do actually hope to whip up a few things on short notice, but we'll see.

I'm also working to get back on the regularly scheduled MWF postings, but seeing as yesterday was Tuesday, and there was a post, but not one on Monday, we'll see how it goes.  Bear with me though.  Life is sometimes silly.  


Independence Day Wreath by Homey Home Designs

I love a good, easy wreath project and this one is absolutely adorable with the little pom poms on the side!

 Fourth of July Printable by Thirty Handmade Days


I really love that this one can be used so many different ways!  I might use it to make a paper garland, and I especially love it as a straw cover and little gift bag marker.  

 Pledge of Allegiance Printable by Today's Creative Blog
Be still my heart!
This printable with the Pledge of Allegiance!  Be still my beating heart!  This takes me way back to elementary school, saying the pledge of allegiance each day before the start of the day. Love the red white and blue ribbon and the fact that she's using this on a red front door in place of a wreath.  

How do you plan on celebrating Independence Day?  Did you make any fun decorations?

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my printables Mary Leigh! Hope your 4th is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely; they are too cute! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)