Friday, July 26, 2013

The grass is greener where you water it

This quote by Neil Barringham was shared recently by a friend of mine and it has stuck with me since.



It reminds me of another quote that I saw embroidered onto a pillow in a host home that I stayed in for a week while on a short term mission trip several years ago.

Source

Both of these quotes make me think about being strategic and intentional and content where you are and with what you have.

It's so easy to think that the grass is greener on the other side, after all that's the cliche that gets retold over and over again.  And we're so easily convinced that for some reason, we've missed something.  We easily see the little annoyances and burdens in our own lives and assume that we're the only ones that deal with them.  Or we think that things must be so easy for so and so.  Or we wrongly assume that we can fulfill our desires with more things. 

The fact is that you are where you are for a purpose.  And sometimes the purpose is clear and sometimes it's not, but it's there nonetheless.  And I don't know about you, but I don't want to miss today's blessings and [sometimes] lessons, because I'm wishing I was on the other side of the fence.

So this is just a little end-of-the-week-encouragement for you to be intentional about where you are.  Wherever you are.  No matter what shade your grass is, to turn on the sprinkler.  Do what you do, just do it on purpose.  And maybe, just maybe, you'll start seeing things bloom.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Great messages today. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley! And same; I hope you have a great weekend!
    ML

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)