On Friday, I mentioned just how thankful I was for the weekend. And I'm happy to report that this weekend did not disappoint.
I'm also happy to report that I officially began decorating for fall!
This started out with a Friday night date night to Chili's which just happened to be directly across the parking lot from Home Goods.
And they just happened to have all of their lovely fall decorations out. And just like that, our mantel became very seasonal.
I haven't really spent much on seasonal decorations since I've always lived with roommates, and when we got married, I didn't want to buy too much for the apartment in case I wouldn't be able to find a place for it in our house.
Now that we have a place that's ours, I am so excited to be able to pick up things here and there to decorate and make this place a home. Everything on the mantel cost less than $8 each except the "Family" blocks and I feel confident that they'll have a place in our home for years to come, whether it's on the mantel or shelves or tables in the future.
From left to right, clockwise:
1. A little wood panel "Bless this home" sign, so simple and pretty
2. Harvest and Blessings sign, which we were able to have marked down due to a little scratch near the word blessing (see picture to right)
3. Ceramic pumpkin I LOVE that it's a neutral color and not bright orange. I like bright orange, but this one just seems so pretty like this.
4. A wooden acorn...probably my favorite piece from the trip
5. Wood blocks to spell out "family" which is a nice big center piece
6. Assorted candles which smell great! And they let me use the candle holders I found at the thrift store earlier this year.
The big clock above the fireplace is from Kirkland's, another favorite store. It has a permanent home above the mantel though, and won't come down with the fall decorations.
I plan to add some pumpkins to the hearth in front of the fire place, but still think it's a little early for that. (I also plan to add more decorations in years to come, but I think this is a pretty good start...)
What is your favorite space to decorate in the fall?
The Grant Life
Sew Much Crafting
Create with Joy
Blissful and Domestic