Friday, August 23, 2013

Helloooo weekend, I am glad you're here!

Happy Friday, y'all!  But really, can I get an amen on that one?  I don't know about you, but this has been a whirlwind of a week over here and I am so thankful for this weekend.

And I don't have a lot to write about today.  So, I just thought it would be fun to share pictures from last weekend.  I mentioned earlier this week that we took a mini vacay last weekend.  My parents are both teachers, one of my sisters is a teacher, and I work with college students and last weekend was our last before students came back to school.  So as is often the way plans are made, we decided on Friday morning to definitely go somewhere for the weekend.  And by that night we were at the beach.  

We had a great trip, albeit short and kind of rainy, but were able to pack in a couple walks on the beach, a trip to Medieval Times, and some yummy seafood while we were there.  


A quick word to the wise, take your sunglasses to the beach.  Even if it's rainy while you're there. You'll still most likely be squinting in the pictures without them.  Although, Miss looks totally normal. Maybe it's just me...




And of course my dad was on the trip even though these pictures don't show it.  He drove and took our pictures.  :)  We love him to pieces.  



AND I FOUND MY VERY FIRST STARFISH EVER IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MY GOING TO THE BEACH!  Except it was still alive and trying to get back out to sea.  So, I tossed it back in the ocean. And now I really want to find one I can bring home.  I don't know if its chances were good being tossed back out to sea, or how long it had been on the sand, but it was definitely still living and there was no way I was going to let it die on my watch.  

Now maybe you're looking at these pictures and wondering, where is the hubs?  Well, he was camping with the guys.  Or maybe, where is the rest of your family, don't you have 3 siblings?  Yes, but they are back at college.  And we felt bad for going after they'd moved back.  But we agreed that our next trip would be with everyone and I can't wait to get the whole gang together.  

I'm hoping for a nice, relaxing and still productive weekend at home this weekend.  

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I'd love to be on the beach right now. :)

    I'm your latest follower, thank you for linking to Supser Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosy! Every time I'm at the beach, I think to myself how nice it would be to take about a month off and just stay there. Alas, relaxing at home is not bad either. I hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)