Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another bit about thrifty fashion

If you're a regular around here, you've probably seen this post, which was my very first (and until now, only) post about thrifty fashion.  Although, I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that many of the clothes in my closet found there way there either by way of a thrift store or some deep deep discount on a clearance rack at some of my favorite retail stores.  

And like many of the other thrifty things we do around here in the Thrift for Today house, I sometimes don't even think about wear second hand clothes because it's such a normal part of my fashion, but I've been thinking more about how much I spend on my outfits, and it always makes me happy when I pull off something thrifty and cute at the same time.  

So with that, I give you this little number from last week, the button down shirt and skinny belt:


That shirt is from Old Navy originally, but came to me via thrift for a whopping $2.99.  Do I love it?  Yes, I do.  And I especially love it with that gold glitter skinny belt (not thrifted, but came with the dress I wore here...you better believe I mix and match these things!)


And the point of this post is mostly about the fun shirt/belt combo, but I can't leave without first showing you the whole get up.  These jeans are from a Gap outlet clearance rack and with an additional discount from my AAA membership, the were just $6 and some change.  They are my favorites this season.  


And one last picture on the front porch steps for good measure.  Tell me all about your thrifty outfits.  What are you wearing these days?


19 comments:

  1. So cute! I love bargains!

    mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like a great thrift shopper! I try to be really conscious of how much I spent on clothes too, but I don't get to thrift as much as I would like to (the thrift shops in my town aren't great). I love the belt over the button-down - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I enjoy it and am fortunate to be relatively close to several great thrift stores...that certainly helps! :)

      Delete
  3. You look lovely! I love thrifted things too!
    Have a nice day.

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it count as "thrifty" when you purposely buy something that isn't inexpensive but IS wearable for three seasons? I think so. I have on a sage beaded gypsy skirt that all summer I wore with a cotton blouse and sandals that today I've paired with a grey tee and slouchy boots.

    Visiting from The Blogger's Digest/Pig & Dac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You have to get your money's worth, right? :) I really like pieces that are versatile like that!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!! I definitely couldn't resist them at that price!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I really like them, too! I'm hoping to add more pairs to my wardrobe this season!

      Delete
  7. Old Navy and Gap are 2 of my favorite places and I get A LOT of their items from thrift stores! Your outfit is super cute! My favorite thrifty items for myself right now as we get ready for fall are blazers! I LOVE blazers for work and with cute jeans - and the ones I find thrifting are of good quality and great prices. For my boys cargo pants are the 'rage' right now and I buy them in bulk at the thrift stores! I am visiting from the #SITSsharefest! And really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! To be honest, I've been a little nervous to try the blazer trend, but I've been seeing it so much lately, I might just have to pick up one (or more) and give it a try...they do look great with cute jeans!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the belt with the button down shirt! Just inspired me to wear my skinny belts even postpartum. Very flattering on you!
    Visiting from what I wore link up. New follower here :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!! Skinny belts are a new thing for me as far as regularly wearing them. I'm enjoying them though! :)

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)