Monday, September 2, 2013

August re-cap and looking forward to September

Happy Monday, happy Labor Day, and happy September y'all!  

This is actually my birthday month, so I especially like September.  It's also one of the busiest months for me at work with students, administrative deadlines, and event planning.  There's so much going on and I don't want to complain even one little bit.  There is a lot of fun planned this month and I'm looking forward to all of it!!

But, before we get started, I wanted to go back to this post where I shared my goals for August and give a little update on where I stand with each of them and make a new list for September. 


1. Have a regular quiet time.  Better than I was, still not where I'd like to be, but it's a work in progress.  This one will for sure be a constant from month to month.  

2. Exercise at least 3 times per week.  Didn't happen.  I don't really have anything to say about this, other than I'm still doing zumba, and we're going on walks after dinner some now that the weather is cooling down, but it's hard to find motivation at the end of the work day and after dinner.  

3.  Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.  I'm not sure if I got 7 hours of sleep every night, but we have been making an effort to go to bed earlier, and I am definitely feeling more rested these days.  

4. Finish painting the trim and baseboards in the upstairs hallway, the master bedroom, and kitchen.  Also didn't happen, but I'm working on it.  It's not that fun, but it makes a huge difference.  Who knew that it took so long to paint stair spindles?  Not this girl. 

5.  Try at least 1 new recipe (and hopefully 2).   See here and here

6.  Continue to post at least 3 times/week.  Done.  And I hope to continue this.  I did have several posts started, which helped, but these days there are more in my head than in "draft" stage on the blog.  Working on that.  

7.  Find a cleaning routine for our home.  There is definitely progress being made, but still room for improvement.  



1. Have a regular quiet time.  Again, this one is by far the most important one.  It is the single most important part of my day.  

2.  Exercise at least twice/week.  I know last month, I said 3 times per week and it seems silly to lower the bar if you will, but this one is really tough for me to make time for in the week.  I mean, I 'exercise' by walking through campus from time to time, making sure not to stay at the desk all day, etc.  But I would really like to get into a routine of doing more "working out" exercising each week.  I think twice/week is a start.  Am I right?

3.  Finish the trim in the upstairs hallway.  Those stair spindles take so long....

4.  Try a new recipe.  I really enjoyed trying new things.  And I'm happy to see what the new thing will be this month. 

5.  Continue to get enough rest.  This one is self explanatory.  But it can be tricky when schedules get busy.  

And that's what I can think of right now. I know I didn't finish everything in August, and I don't have any excuses to make...it just didn't happen.  I do know though, that making the list made me more conscious of what needed to get done and I did make some progress, so for that I am really thankful.  And I'll continue making these lists each month.  

So, stay tuned and come back to see how I'm doing.  
What are you hoping to get done this month?

Linking Up:
Wonderful Wednesday

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)