Monday, September 9, 2013

Big Kid Bagel Bites

Before we get started, I should let you all know that this quick and easy meal/snack idea comes from the hubs and a "whatever's in the fridge" Saturday meal plan.  

I don't know about you, but growing up, pizza snacks were a hit around our house.  Whether it was bagel bites or pizza rolls, my mom knew she could count on those for a no-fuss, quick snack.  

And I just forget about how yummy those things I liked as a kid are sometimes.  And then we were low on groceries, and the hubs was hungry and the next thing I knew, I was reminiscing on my childhood and eating these "Big Kid Bagel Bites".  




INGREDIENTS
Plain bagels
Tomato sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni slices

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Spread tomato sauce evenly on split bagels
Top with cheese and pepperoni slices (or any other topping you want)
Cook for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted

Enjoy!

This was a really fun (and surprisingly filling) snack!  And I imagine it could be made with lots of different toppings if everyone wanted to make their own little personal pizzas.  

I loved that we got to use what we had and that the clean up was so simple.  Here's to sometimes being a kid again!

This post is linking up!  See all the fun parties here!

Follow on Bloglovin



11 comments:

  1. A new follower from the blog hop..
    Love all your ideas about budgeting. Something I'm really working hard on doing with my family at the moment. Will be having a good study of all your posts.

    xLaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura! I hope you will find them helpful! I really believe stewardship is so important and am excited for your family as you work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious and so easy to make! I must pick up the ingredients sometime soon so I have them on hand for a quick dinner. I want to get yummy deli bagels so they're soft and chewy... yum! :)

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! They were a great snack, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. I'll take one now :) These look so scrumptious and super easy to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure thing, Becky - I'll send one right over! :)
    They are super easy. I imagine lots of variations on these in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an easy and delicious recipe. I love snacks that I can be put together quickly (and require minimal dishes - because honestly - who wants to wash a bunch of dishes for a quick snack?). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jazmin! I hope to try other variations of this little treat soon!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. They look yummy..what's better than a quick pizza? Perfect :) Thank you for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays..have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I appreciate you hosting!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)