Sunday, September 15, 2013

DIY Fall Wreath

Today I'm sharing this fun little wreath I made a while back that's been hanging on my door in anticipation of milder temperatures and some pumpkin friends once I get out to the pumpkin patch (or grocery store, whichever comes first).

And I'm posting early this week to link up with "Get Your DIY On: Fall Party Challenge".  Head over to check out lots of other fun wreaths and fall ideas!

Now, onto the wreath:



This was an afternoon project and was super simple, which is par for the course for our family projects.  Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures of the supplies, but there are only a few for this one:

MATERIALS
1 large grapevine wreath (from Michael's with a coupon)
Wired ribbon (you could also use burlap to make a fun bow, which is also adorable and totally trendy)
Leaf garland (also from Michael's and also with a coupon)
Hot glue gun
2 bread ties (or string will work, too)
Pliers (I used them to cut the leaves off of the garland)



The first thing I did was to cut the leaves off of the garland.  I cut them in smaller bunches that I could glue to the wreath.  

I tucked them into the grapevine of the wreath and then used hot glue to secure them. 

 

I used wired ribbon for the bow, because it's easier for me to "re-fluff" once the wreath comes out of storage, or if for some reason it loses its shape while it's on the door.  As seen above, I tied the bow with some rafia string that I had left over in my random craft drawer.  You can use any string or bread tie to secure the bow.  

And if that's not fancy enough for you, I used a bread tie to tie the bow to the grapevine.  Again, securing it with hot glue.  I may or may not have gone a little overboard in hot gluing everything, but the wreath seems to be holding up great and all the leaves and ribbon hide the glue, so I'm ok with that. 



And that's that.  A fun little fall wreath.  I love it.  



And of course, I'm linking up at the regular parties here.
Happy fall, friends!

Follow on Bloglovin


33 comments:

  1. This wreath is absolutely beautiful!! :D
    I found your blog on the blog hop, and am now following! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is so cute! I have been thinking about making one but I didn't know how, thank for the tutorial!

    mywaytofitanddfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! It is totally simple; you should give it a try for sure!

      Delete
  3. LOVE this, who doesn't love fall :) I think I might go re-do my Christmas wreath into a fall wreath now :)

    Stopping by from the Super Sunday Sync! Dawn from http://www.ithinkwecouldbefriends.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I really enjoyed making it! Fall is fun to decorate for since the decorations can stay up for several months!

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! Love that I can customize the ribbon color to match my house. Thanks for sharing! Happy to now be following you and seeing what other ideas you have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! This was definitely a fun project!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from the blog-hop. Love this wreath! I just made one similar, but every time I see a wreath it makes me so excited for Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rychelly! Did you post your wreath? Hope to check it out soon!

      Delete
  6. Fall wreaths are my favorite!! The leaves on yours are gorgeous...makes me excited for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley! I appreciate it! I am definitely excited for the cooler weather - I've been loving these cool mornings and evenings with nice warm days! Happy Fall!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Mary!
    This wreath is so pretty! The ribbon is a nice touch.
    Stopping by from the "Friend Connect" blog hop. Now following you on Bloglovin, Twitter, and G+.
    Have a great week :)
    Bismah @
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bismah! I appreciate you stopping by and following along!

      Delete
  8. This looks great!
    Thanks so much for linking up with us today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate it and love following along and for hosting the fun link ups each week!

      Delete
  9. It's lovely and looks so welcoming on the front door! Thanks for linking up at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to have it on the door! It makes me smile everytime I see it! Thanks for hosting Share Your Stuff!

      Delete
  10. So pretty! Love the yellow leaves! Thanks for linking up to the "Get Your DIY On" Link up party! Hope to see your thrifty upcycle project on Sunday! :) - April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April! I was happy to find the leaves at Michael's - gotta love those coupons! The DIY Challenge has certainly been fun to keep up with!

      Delete
  11. This is too cute! I'd love it if you'd link this up to my blog hop party, DIY Weekend:

    http://mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/09/diy-weekend-919.html

    Thank you!
    Miranda @ Mr. and Mrs. Winslett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Miranda! Your wish is my command - I've linked up and added Mr. & Mrs. Winslett to my "to-read" list. I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you from Blogger's Digest! This wreath is super easy and pretty! I am working on a Halloween one this next week, it'll be spooky :P
    http://thenewwittys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynet! It was surprisingly easy! I'll be on the lookout for yours! :)

      Delete
  14. That is so cute!! I want to make another wreath for the back porch, so I'll use this as inspiration!!

    Thanks for co-hosting the Bloggers Digest with me! :)
    Amanda @ Happily Ever After
    http://karlshappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! Happy to be co-hosting! I hope you've had a wonderful Wednesday!

      Delete
  15. Super cute wreath! I need to make a new fall wreath to hang on our front door too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ericka! I hope you'll share the wreath you make, too!!

      Delete
  16. This came out so pretty! I am about to make my first wreath and I am hoping that it tuns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I'm sure it will turn out great!

      Delete
  17. Mary Leigh, great wreath! It's classic and beautiful- perfect for fall!! Thank you for linking up with us at Get Your DIY On! I hope you'll join us in November with your furniture makeovers!!

    Mandy @ The Hankful House

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)