Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday


And just like that, another week has come and gone.  This week really seemed to fly by since Monday was a holiday.  But nonetheless, the weekend is here again like an old, trusty friend and I have about zero complaints about that.  

You may remember that last Friday I not only celebrated 100 published posts on le blog, but also decided to link up with some of the Five on Friday parties around blog-land to share some of the little things that have made me smile this week.  And because I had so much fun with that, and I loved to see what things y'all were enjoying last week, I've decided to do the same thing this week...and if I don't watch out, this might become a regular Friday thing around here. That could be fun.  

So here they are, in no particular order:

-ONE-  These shoes. They were kind of an impulse buy to be honest.  I had dinner with a friend from college right beside the mall, so naturally we decided to walk the mall after we'd eaten.  You know, to burn off some of dinner, or at least to let it digest.  Mostly to continue our conversation without keeping a table at the restaurant.  While there, we happened to take a look at some clearance racks and when I saw these lovelies on sale at JC Penney for just $9.99 minus an additional 25%, I quickly tried them on and welcomed them to my closet.  

Now before you think I'll be wearing these across campus to the office, I won't be.  But I will be wearing them to all sorts of fun events and for less than $10, I promise to get my money's worth from them.  Welcome home, little shoes!

Source


-TWO- A four day work week.  I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed having Monday off.  It was so nice to spend time at home getting some things done and relaxing with some of our friends.

-THREE-  This sweet reminder I found on Pinterest recently about real hospitality.  It's so easy to get caught up in being a great hostess or having things "just so".  What's important is your heart.  People tend to care more about that anyway.

Hospitality is not about.... (via lifeingrace)
Pinned here/Original source

-FOUR-  These yummy brown sugar cookies.  They are the first of the new recipes for September (One goal off the list!).  And they certainly did not disappoint.  Softest cookies ever.  I'll be sharing the recipe soon, so be on the lookout!


-FIVE- Completing the budgeting series.  This was my first mini-series about something other than weddings/our anniversary and it was super fun to do.  Budgeting is so much a part of our lives and I'm happy to have been able to share a little sneak peak of it here.  In case you missed any part of the series, you can find them here, here, and here.

Really, there are so many things to be thankful for and to celebrate each week, so choosing just 5 is hard.  As always though, I am ready for the weekend.

What are you celebrating today?  Any big plans for the weekend?

Linking Up:
High Five for Friday @ The Lauren Elizabeth Blog


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 











FollowtheRuels
The Diary of a Real Housewife


Follow on Bloglovin


12 comments:

  1. Great find on the sandals! Love a short work week & those cookies look super yummy!
    I found you through Friday Favorites....:)
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules! I just wore them out for the first time recently and really enjoyed them. I'll be sharing the cookies soon -- they are yummy for sure!
      Happy Friday!!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Those cookies look delicious! Why does blogging always make me hungry?? Lol!

    Mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! They were delish; I can't wait to share them soon!

      Delete
  3. I think I have found my missing soul sister! I am a bargain fiend myself and those shoes are awesome sauce! I love it! The pin? Perfection! The cookies....patiently awaiting that recipe! Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm excited to share them soon - stay tuned!!

      Delete
  4. I pinned the cookies... they look delicious! Happy Friday! :)

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a score on your new pretty platforms! I absolutely love them ... JCP does it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April! They certainly are fun to wear out on the town!

      Delete
  6. That's an amazing price for a pair of nice looking shoes!! Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, thank you as always, for hosting!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)