Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!

Like weeks are sometimes, this week was packed and tonight is the only night on the calendar that did not have an activity of some sort.  So, the pictures are a little bit limited, but I've enjoyed these top 5 posts so much, I definitely don't want to miss the last Friday of the month!  (I can barely believe I just said that.  Wasn't it July just last week?!)

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I just had my first one ever recently and like almost everyone else I know - I'm a fan.

2.  This orange sweater dress.  I love the red skinny belt and cannot wait to wear this when it gets a little bit cooler.  I had just read April's post here about fall brights over at A. Liz Adventures.  I recently picked up a bright yellow cardigan and I've got a cobalt skirt and green jeans already.  So when I saw this Calvin Klein dress, regularly well over $100 for just $24.99, I knew it was coming home with me.  


3.  More thrifty fashion.  And because I'm becoming such a fan of skinny belts this season, this little outfit, which I posted about here makes this week's list.  It was great with slacks for the office and jeans for dinner.


4.  Football season.  I don't know about you, but I am excited for football season.  My dad is a coach and my brother has played for years so the fall is always an exciting time for us.  This past weekend was homecoming at my high school, so we made a trip back for the game.  So fun.  


 5.  This cool weather.  We've had our air conditioning turned off for over a week and have been able to open the windows to cool the house down at night.  Not using AC is definitely the best way to save money on AC and we are always happy when we're able to save a little money.

What are you happy for this week?

I'm linking up at all the Friday parties today and hope you'll stop by some of them.  

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the colour of the sweater dress is so vibrant! I love it! Great deal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this orange dress. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at SSS Hop.
    Sew Crafty Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for not needing the heater yet!! :)

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! I love this time of year when the open windows are the best form of temperature control in the house! It's good to get fresh air in and great not to have to use the thermostat at all. We can definitely tell a difference in our utility bills this time of year!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Your so adorable, and I love reading your blog. We could so be friends- I love pumpkin lattes and bargains!! :) Have a blessed and happy week, sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Ashley! I hope all is well with you and your family!

      Delete
  5. I feel the same way about turning off the AC. I love getting to open the windows and air out my bedroom... it's so refreshing! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    p.s. that dress is so cute and bright... I'm excited to see it styled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I hope you had a great weekend!!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)