Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five for Friday

Welcome back, Friday, you old faithful friend!  For the third Friday in a row, I'm happy to be linking up with my top 5's of the week.  This week is kind of a random mix of things all of which have made me smile.

-ONE-
Free Krispy Kreme.  This one should be pretty self explanatory.  Cream filled doughnut and coffee on Monday morning?  Yes, please.  :)


-TWO-
The towel hanger.  We've been looking around for a while for towel hooks that I love ever since we decided to get rid of the long, single towel bars in our bathrooms.  We had this wooden hook rack from Michael's  that I got last year to use for our keys.  We haven't been using it for keys in our house and finally, it just hit me that we should use it for towels!  Duh!!!  And so, I've started painting it and hope to put a coat of sealant on it to protect it from wet towels, but I am so excited to hang this baby up!  More on that later.


 -THREE-
Soccer season.  I am happy that soccer is back.  And since one of my bros-in-law is a senior this year, we got to go to our first high school soccer game of the season this year.  I'm lucky to have a husband with brothers that are all good at soccer.  I just love to watch all of them play!


-FOUR-
This steak dinner.  We got a great deal on these steaks and I was happy to grill them up for dinner this week!

-FIVE-
And my favorite for last - this fun fishtail braid!  I am so happy to have finally learned how to do this - I actually learned how to do this recently from a ten year old.  I decided to wear it like this to work to avoid drying my hair.  And I got so many compliments on it.  I wish I had taken pictures of the process, but it was pre-7AM, so there are no tutorial pictures on my camera.  Don't you worry though, I pinned this great tutorial from a Beautiful Mess that should help you out if you're trying to create the fishtail yourself.  


So there you have it, high fives all around!  We've got a super fun weekend planned here, which means more fun Five on Fridays coming your way!

What's making you smile this week?

Linking up at the Friday parties listed here!

10 comments:

  1. oooh how I love krispy kremes! Free might make them even better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! What a happy Monday AM!

      Delete
  2. Free kripsy kremes! I dont think there is a better way to start the week!
    Thanks for linking up today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thanks for hosting the link up over at your place! I enjoy stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hello, I am blog hopping today and found your blog. I am so happy I found your blog through through the Sunday Blog Hop over at "Blissful and Domestic." I wanted to invite you to visit a blog I just recently started as well at http://www.joyfulhomeandlife.com

    The website is going to contain many decorating ideas, recipes, and more and I have teamed up with many talented writers on there to post entries in regards to these topics and more. Please visit (and if you would like to subscribe via e-mail to receive updates on new content posted on the website we welcome you to do that as well). We are also on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/joyfulhomeandlife (please like and share the page) and if you're on Twitter we are at: https://twitter.com/joyfulhomenlife (please follow us there)! :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Jessica! Thank you for stopping by, I will definitely have to check your blog out!

      Delete
  4. I like the fishtail. We've got soccer here again too, I like it. I hope it doesn't get too cold before the last of it.

    Thanks for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rosey! THanks for hosting Sunday Sync each week! I'm with you about the weather. I love the fall, but not so much sitting outside in the winter!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)