Friday, September 20, 2013

High Five for Friday

It's Friday, Friday!  And that means that it's time for another weekend and another High Five!  I hope you have had a great week and have an even greater weekend up ahead!

This has been a busy week over here.  Do you ever have one of those weeks where there are so many blog-worthy things to post about, but not enough time to write it all out?  Yep, that was this week.

So, you should sit back, grab some sweet tea and consider this a little preview for the posts to come.

1.  Taylor Swift in concert.  Yep, I went with the hubs and my brother in-law to a super fun, super teenage girl packed out concert and was totally not disappointed. So, in lieu of photos on today's blog, you should feel free to turn up the speakers and put on your party pants.




2.   Coffee, burritos, and other free things that are mostly food related.  It's my birthday week this week and I have been showered with goodies in the inbox...and you better believe I'm taking advantage.  More on that a little bit later.

3.  And in case you missed that last one, it's my birthday week.  Don't worry though, I'll be celebrating next week too.  :)

There is always much to celebrate
Source

4. Family.  I'm visiting my family this weekend and I could not be more excited to see them.  

5.  And finally, this little reminder in the midst of all the fun and busy activities: 

I made this little one to go along THIS POST I did a while back after feeling stressed.  I think it's also important to remember this when things are fun - to still take time and be still.  Be reflective. Be thankful.  And above all, know that Christ is Lord and to celebrate and find rest in that.  

Happy Friday, my friends!

Of course, I'm linking up at all the regular Friday parties here.  Check them out for more fun weekly recaps and to find new blogs to add to your list!

16 comments:

  1. Hey Mary Leigh! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can see the award and how to accept it at my website...http://notquitemomoftheyear.com/ive-been-nominated-for-a-liebster-award/ Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer; happy Friday! Thanks so much!! I will get to answering those questions soon!
    Can't wait!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for birthday weeks! I celebrate mine all month!!
    Thanks for linkin up!!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Jennie! I've been enjoying following along with The Diary of a Real Housewife!

      Delete
  4. I would be okay with going to a Taylor swift concert! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can view my post about it here: http://melaniegetsmarried.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie! You are too sweet! I love it; just checked out all the questions and will be posting the answers very soon!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Mary Leigh
    great to meet you. I'm a new visitor from the SSS Hop. Your blog is awesome. I'm also your newest Bloglovin and GFC follower. Hope you will visit me also.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Angel! I really appreciate it! Hopping over to your blog now!

      Delete
  7. Haha, "put your party pants on" made me laugh. :) I'm excited to check out your blog, Mary Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! It seemed fitting. :) Everyone should wear party pants from time to time!

      Delete
  8. Your blog is so wonderful, it helped uplift me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Ashley! I hope all is well your way!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday week to you! I'm already a follower, thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)