Sunday, September 29, 2013

Liebster Award | Part 2

Last week, I mentioned being excited about being nominated for not only 1, but 2 Liebster Awards!  And because I only got to answer questions for one of the awards, I'm back today to answer questions for the others.  I think it's more fun spread out over 2 posts because it's like double the getting to know you questions, and keeps these posts from being small books.

To see the first award, check out last Monday's post here.  
You'll remember that Liebster means all kinds of wonderful things in German - sweetest, kindest, dearest, lovely, pleasant, and the like.  It's a great big, "I really like your blog and am happy to be following along.  And I want to tell my readers about you." And so it's passed around from blogger to blogger and I'm happy to have been nominated and to have the opportunity to pass it on. 

Liebster Rules:
1- Link back to the blogger that nominated you. 
2- Answer 11 questions posed by your nominator
3- Pass it on!  Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers to receive the award. 
4- Let them know.
5- Create 11 new questions for them to answer.

I was first nominated here by Jenifer at Not Quite Mom of the Year.  Jenifer is a mom of six and blogs about all kinds of fun crafts, recipes, and family fun. 

And then just a tiny bit later, I was nominated here by Melanie at Melanie Gets Married.  Like me, Melanie is a somewhat newlywed (just over a year) and is busy making a house a home.  She's also got lots of fun diy projects going on that you should check out!

Today, I'm answering Melanie's questions, which are listed below:

1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to keep track of the details of our wedding planning.  Then I slacked off, but have recently started getting into it more seriously and consistently.  It's a hobby of mine to keep up with all the fun and thrifty things we've got going on.  I enjoy reading blogs and decided that I'd like to have one of my own.  

2) What is your favorite project that you have made since blogging, or what is your favorite blog post? Leave a link so we can check it out!
This post about budgeting and creating your own budget is pretty high on my list.  Mostly because it was a part of the first mini-series that I did and because I think it's so important for everyone to have a good handle on their finances.  

I'm also a huge fan of this post about being still.  I re-read it from time to time, actually when I'm feeling stressed out, or just not focused on things that matter.  

3) What is your favorite room in your home?
I really love our bedroom.  It's not finished yet, and frankly hasn't received nearly as much decorating attention as I would like since we've been here (I'm really wanting to build a headboard for it).  But it's the place we start and end each day and it's a place to go and just relax.  Relaxing is my favorite.  

4) What is your favorite holiday? Why? Feel free to tell us about some of your traditions for that holiday.
This is tough, but I'm going with Christmas.  It's a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, and a time when the whole family is able to get together.  

5) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
 I would stay right where I am.  The hubs and I are close to lots of our friends and about an hour from both his parents and mine.  We're not too far from the mountains and not too far from the beach and we have 4 seasons a year.  There are certainly lots of places I'd like to see, but I care way more about the people than the places, so right here is where I want to be.  

6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Five years is one of those time periods where it feels like so far away, but I know that when it gets here, will feel like just a blink.  In 5 years, I hope to have our home more of our own - with lots of the bigger projects completed, and maybe even a little babe or two.  :)  

7)  What is something you would like to learn to do really well?
Coupon.  As silly as this sounds.  I feel like we're pretty good at finding deals and managing our money.  But serious couponing is something that is just beyond me.  I would love to be able to know how to do it really well to save money on groceries.  

8) What are some of your favorite books you've read lately?
Follow Me:  A Call to Live, A Call to Die by David Platt.  This was definitely challenging, but a great read for sure.  This is the most recent book I've read and I'm glad that I did.  

9) What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Home decorations, new clothes, frozen yogurt, and coffee.  

10) What are three of your favorite online shopping websites?
Amazon (see this post about earning gift cards), Target, and Blue

11) What inspires you?
So many things - especially now that I've started blogging.  Pinterest.  Friends.  Work.  Hubs. Family.  Anything in the right context.  For example, I was pulling weeds recently, and thought about how great the flowerbeds were going to look afterward.  But not without getting our hands dirty first.  There's a blog post there.  It's just in draft form now.  :)

And of course, the best part of this award.  This week's nominees are:

Always Abby
The Diary of a Real Housewife
Bumps Along the Way

And my 11 questions to you all are as follows:  

1.  What is your biggest blogging inspiration?
2.  What is a fun and random fact about you?
3.  How many siblings do you have and are you the oldest, youngest, etc.?
4.  What is your favorite post that you've ever posted and why?
5.  If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6.  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7.  Where do you blog?  At home?  At a coffee shop?  Watching TV?
8.  What is one song that you are currently jamming to?
9.  Name 3 of your top "to-read" blogs.  
10.Which social media platform is your favorite?  Why?
11.What is your favorite season of the year?

Be sure to check out the blogs listed above to see their answer to these questions as well as their favorite blogs and new nominees!    


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love the concept of the Liebster!! I found your blog from the collective blog hop and cant wait to keep following along!! :)

    Amanda @ Happily Ever After
    http://www.karlshappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Amanda (and for following along!). Hopping over to your spot now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)