Friday, October 11, 2013

High Five for Friday

Well, friends.  I missed last weeks' high five for Friday link up and totally underestimated how much I would miss it.  I like these weekly kind of catch-all posts that encapsulate some of the fun things that are making me happy.

It's fun to share these things during the week and a great way to start off the weekend.  So, Friday, I'm glad you're back.  I'm really glad you're back.  And friends, I'm happy to share some Five Friday Favorites with you today!  Happy Friday!!

1: Smartphones.  Yes, just smartphones in general.  Until last week, the hubs and I had been using very basic, talk & text only phones.  And I'm happy to report that we have finally made the switch to a smartphone.  Of course, I'm not entirely sure how to use all the features just yet, but I am happy to be able to connect on the go.  We ended up switching carriers to T-Mobile and have been thus far happy with that decision.  I'm working on a review post for the upcoming week, so be sure to check back for that.  And below is the phone that we got - the LG Optimus L9.  So far so good.
Source

2:  Friday, Friday, Friday.  This has been a rainy week around here and I realize that this one is kind of cheating since of course it's Friday.  But I'm really happy for the weekend...so I'm counting it. 

3.  These cookies.  I've made them twice now and they've been a hit each time.  If you don't have plans tonight, I suggest making them for the weekend.  And if you do have plans, I suggest bookmarking or pinning them for later.  You won't regret it.  Original post here.

4. This rug.  Picked it up on a spontaneous trip to Home Goods last weekend and it's been happily resting in front of our front door entryway ever since.
Testing it out in the store...I had to.
5.  Cleaning and organizing our home.  I went on a cleaning spree last weekend.  I mean a real clean everything spree.  This was partly inspired by having family visit on Sunday and partly inspired by recently getting rid of lots of things we don't need.  (And by getting rid of, I mean donating.  As much as I enjoy shopping at our local thrift stores, I feel okay about it, because we are constantly on the lookout for clutter in our home.  And when we find it, it goes in a nice little pile to be donated.  (I define clutter as anything that's taking up space that I don't really like, or have a purpose for, or anything that I haven't used in 1+ years.)  

What are your top 5 this week?  

And, to get back to the routine, I'm linking up at the regular Friday parties today.  

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Ashley! I have certainly been enjoying it. I appreciate you stopping by; hope you've had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that rug! I can spend hours in HomeGoods. You never know what you are going to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nikki; I totally agree about HomeGoods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been FAR too long since we've made chocolate chip cookies. And I love them so that doesn't make a bit of sense. :)

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync, and for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosey! Let me know if you try them! :)

      Delete
  5. I need a new rug and am LOVING the one you got! So colourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I am so happy with the rug - definitely a great buy!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)