Monday, October 7, 2013

My favorite chocolate chip cookies

Apparently, I'm becoming quite the little cookie monster around here.  I'm not sure what has spurred this little cookie making spree around our house, but I've been baking them like crazy.  See most recent cookie post here.

I've tried chocolate chip cookies before and have been looking for a recipe that I can dub as my favorite - easy, delicious, and still a little bit soft and chewy the next day.  If you look at my pinterest boards, you'll find several links that claim to be the "best chocolate chip cookies".  And well, I'm working through them.

I'm happy to report though that this recipe might just take the cake, or cookie, for the best recipe.  It's my favorite so far anyway.

For these cookies, I used this simple recipe from All Recipes.  

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar (I sprinkled in a pinch extra)
  • 2 eggs (large)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, and I did not use them)

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. (Of course, I used my hand mixer for this)
  • Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
  • Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. 
  • Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts (if you used them).
  • Drop large spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet
  • Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned (I did 10 minutes exactly and edges were just barely browned.)

This recipe made about 3 dozen cookies, so there was no way I could keep them all at the house for myself.  Since I made them on a Sunday afternoon, they were at work first thing on Monday morning and they were a big hit!


And so, this might be the one, my friends.  What are your favorite cookies to make?  Or any dessert?

30 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I love a good chocolate chip cookie :) I have such a weak spot with sweets...

    notfancyjustlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! You and me both as far as that weak spot is concerned! :)

      Delete
  2. Yummmm. It just doesn't get much better than homemade chocolate chip cookies :) Stopping by from the GFC Collective! Looking forward to your updates! Have a great week.

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I agree -- especially right out of the oven with ice cream on top. MMMMMM!

      Delete
  3. They do look and sound delicious. Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! They totally are! I've made them twice now and taken some to the office and others at home they've gotten great reviews!

      Delete
  5. I love chocolate chip cookies. I probably have 6 recipes that I waver between, and I love trying new ones!

    Thank you so much for linking these up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm the same way with new recipes. :)

      Delete
  6. Hey there! These look amazing right now. We have zero treats in our house right now and I'm drooling. I seriously just went digging through the baking shelf to find some old chocolate chips to munch on. Ha! :) New follower on bloglovin'! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrea! No judgement here. I've been known to sneak old chocolate chips. :) Thanks so much for following along!

      Delete
  7. Oh these look delish! It's good to find out a recipe that works well for choc chip cookies.
    Over from the sorry not sorry social.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Kriss! I agree; I'm always trying new ones, but I'll be sticking with this one for a while. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, Yum!! Those look fantastic, wish I could reach through the screen and grab one! Found you on the Sorry Not Sorry Social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! There are just 3 left and if I could, I'd pass one right over! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I love chocolate chip cookies, I tried baking some but I can't seem to perfect that moist and chewy kind. Hi, i'm dropping by from Sorry, Not Sorry Social. Hope you could also visit and join my first Link-up on All About Blogging- blog tutorials and social Media Link-up at
    http://imeeseeshoes.blogspot.com/2013/10/all-about-blogging-link-up.html

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Imee! I will be happy to stop by your place! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  11. These look SOOOOO good! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday, I'm definitely pinning these to try next time I make cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! :)

      Delete
  12. Cookies are definitely my favorite dessert! I always bake a lot more in the fall and winter because the oven heats up the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes; same! We leave the oven cracked after cooking to be sure the heat can escape into the kitchen while the oven cools off!

      Delete
  13. Those look delicious and the recipe looks similar to my go to chocolate chip recipe minus the hot water. I don't usually add nuts to my chocolate chip cookies either. Thanks for linking up at BCW Sunday Share!. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda! I do love cookies! I really enjoy BCW and was happy to link up! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

      Delete
  14. I hope you saved one for me! They look so good. Nothing better than a gooey hot chocolate chip cookie and milk. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop. Pinning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shawna! I'll be sure to let you know when the next batch comes out! ;) I totally agree! I also like to put them fresh out of the oven into vanilla ice cream - YUM!!

      Delete
  15. Oh my! You had me at 1 cup brown sugar! They look so gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look delish! Thanks for sharing with the NEW #PinFest!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)