Monday, October 21, 2013

Taylor Swift Concert, four years later

This story starts 4 years ago in the fall of 2009.  Hubs and I had been dating for almost a year and a half and he, being the kind and thoughtful person he is, decided to buy tickets to the Taylor Swift concert for us.  It was a weekend show and the seats were awesome.  


 I will never forget when he so proudly let me know that we had tickets and to mark my calendar.  And I was pumped.  Until I realized that we had a home football game that day.


 I was in the marching band in college and we were required to be at each home game unless we gave enough notice to our director so that we wouldn't be written into the show's drill for that game.  And so, hubs sold the tickets online.  He recouped all of his costs, but I was definitely sad to hand those tickets over to the stranger in front of one of our favorite restaurants before we went in to celebrate a year and a half.



Fast forward to Christmas 2012.  We were celebrating with family when we realized that Taylor Swift would be back in town for her Red Tour on a Friday night.



A Friday night that just so happened to be pretty close to my birthday.  And so we bought tickets within the first few minutes of them becoming available.


I counted down to this concert for months and it certainly did not disappoint.


The crowd was definitely made up of a pretty large percentage of teenagers and young girls with their moms, but we had a ball nonetheless.


Of course, she played all the popular songs off of the Red album, but also did several re-makes of some of her older songs, which was super fun for me since those are of course some of my favorites.  And what she would have played four years ago if we were able to go to the show.


Taylor was such a good performer.  I thought she did a great job with the music and dance performances, but she also did a really great job communicating with the audience and talking about her songs, her inspiration, and her thoughts about life and music in general.


And her outfits were adorable.



And it was basically a circus when she sang "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together".  The crowd went wild.


Moral of the story though, I'm so happy to have finally been able to get to one of her shows and hopefully this won't be my last.  


What a fun fun night.  :)

2 comments:

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)