Monday, October 14, 2013

The one where we made it through a corn maze

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing a lot of "Fall Bucket Lists" floating around on pinterest and in blog land these days.  And this may or may not come as a surprise, but I don't have an official bucket list for this season.  I love almost everything about fall, so I want to soak it in as much as I can.  

And what says fall more than a pumpkin patch and a corn maze?  (That's rhetorical...)

I've actually never been to a corn maze, other than ones specifically for kids before so I was very thankful to one of my friends who offered me a groupon for admission for two to a local corn maze.  It was soon to expiring so she let me use it.  (Thanks again!!)  I immediately called my sister since I knew she'd have the weekend off and within about 3 minutes, we had plans for Saturday.  

Rules for the maze were as follows:
Good, family friendly fun...just my style. :)

Everyone had a stamp card that was time stamped before entering and upon exit so you could see how long it took you to complete the maze.  To complete the maze though, you had to find a total of 16 punch stations and punch your card with the correct hole punches.

In total, if you were to go straight through, I think the maze was about 2.5 miles.  It took us about 1.5 hours to complete and I'm pretty sure we walked at least 3 miles, but more likely 3.5.  Honestly, I was shocked at how easy it was to get lost and was so thankful to have my sister there to help me figure it out.  We had a blast going through there together!


At the end of the maze, everyone got these adorable little stickers that say "I conquered the corn maze!"  and having completed it, I was particularly proud of that little sticker.  

And I think we might go back.  But with a big group of friends in teams to see who can complete the maze the quickest.  By figuring it out and not by running, of course, per the 2 mph speed limit.  ;)

What a fun fall day!  

What are some of the fun things you're doing to celebrate this season?

Be sure to stop by Wednesday for this week's Blogger's Digest!

6 comments:

  1. I love how they do it there.
    Hope you have even more fun next time!

    Visiting from #SSShop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Colette! We did have a great time!!

      Delete
  2. Corn mazes are fun, we do those every year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was only the second one I'd ever been too! I'm definitely hoping to make it a tradition!

      Delete
  3. It's been years since I've been to a cron maze, but they are so much fun! Great way to celebrate the fall season! I did manage to go apple picking this year, but I have a feeling that it's going to be the only festive thing I do this season since we'll be setting sail soon! New follower from the blogger's digest hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Allison! I agree, they are fun! I'm excited to read about your sailing adventures!! :)

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)