Monday, November 4, 2013

Bahamas Cruise Vacation

I mentioned last week that we were able to go on vacation recently and my oh my, what a fun time we had!  It was so much fun to get away for a week, relax, soak up the sun, and enjoy time with one another.

We traveled on Carnival's ship, the Sensation for 4 nights to the Bahamas and were able to visit Freeport and Nassau.  

We traveled down on Saturday and left port on Sunday afternoon.  It was so nice to wake up to the sunshine and calm blue waters and so we opted to eat out on the deck Monday morning.  





We didn't have an excursion planned for Monday and so we just walked around for a bit out at the port to look at some of the shops and listen to some music being performed on an outdoor stage.  That lasted for about an hour and we ended up by the pool and ping pong tables 
for the rest of the afternoon.  


Not that I was complaining.  


On Tuesday, we stopped at Nassau and were able to go on a bus tour of the city and see some of the historical sites, and other points of interest.  That ended up being really fun.  We got to see some of the schools, local hangouts, beaches, an old fort, the Queen's staircase, the water tower, hospital, and visit some of the local shops.  



Of course, it's beautiful.  What a view.  


At the fort.

Stop by Atlantis.  


More around town.


Sunset at port.


We spent Wednesday at sea and the only photo I have of us is here after dinner.  We relaxed the whole day in the library reading, by the pool reading and napping, and walking around the decks.  It was wonderful.  And of course because cruises are all inclusive when it comes to food, we ate like royalty the whole week.  


And hubs won a sweet trophy in a sports trivia contest, so I took a photo.  


And last but not least, a shout out to the service team on the ship.  We had a new towel animal each night and we were called by name the whole week.  I have no idea how they learn everyone's name, but it was a nice touch.  


We arrived back at port in the US on Thursday morning and realized upon turning our phones back on that there were frost advisories at night back home.  

And so, we started the trip back.  But not before making a stop in Savannah to soak in just a little more great fall weather, another beautiful city and a little more history.  

Those photos coming soon!

Oh, I just love vacation.  

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty photos. The towel animals are the cutest! I've never been and I'm so nervous about going, I get sea sickness all the time so I'm really worried about that:( Maybe one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie! I was a little nervous, but I had never gotten sea or motion sickness before. I think I would have been a lot more nervous if I had. The towel animals were adorable! I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your new haircut, it's so cute! These pictures are awesome... looks like a fabulous vacation. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)