Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, friends!  I can't believe that it's already another Friday and that we're less than a week away from Thanksgiving.  The weather here has been doing flips, so it doesn't quite seem like it should already be time for the winter holidays to begin.  But alas, here we are.

So here are my top 5 for this week:

1. Emergen-C.  Thank goodness for Vitamin C.  I work with students and the hubs has had a cold that we've been fighting for several days.  And I'm almost sure that this is keeping me well.  Well, maybe this and rest, and drinking water, and washing my hands.  Regardless though, I'm happy honey is getting better and that I'm not sick.
2.  Thanksgiving.  I've really been enjoying seeing everyone's thankful posts this month on facebook. And while I haven't been posting about it, I really have quite a bit to be thankful for.  I live a pretty sweet life and I try not to take it for granted even one day.  

3. Facebook.  Thrift for Today just got on facebook this week!  I am so excited to finally have a separate facebook page for the blog!  I don't have a button on the sidebar for it yet (working on that this weekend), but I would certainly love it if you would click here to follow along there, too!  

4. Ab workouts.  I'm not a runner.  And frankly, I don't have a workout routine period that I stick to.  But ab workouts are my favorites and this one looks fun and easy enough to do during the winter.  I found this this week on pinterest, and I hope to let you know if a few weeks that I've been doing it.  :) 
Shrink Your Belly In 14 Days - Routine will firm and flatten you from all angles in just 2 weeks.
via
5.  Date night.  I don't have a photo for this, but I just want to give a big shout-out to going on dates.  Hubs has been so thoughtful to be sure that we are going out on a date once/week these days.  We used to do this on the regular, but it seems so easy to get caught up in other things.  And it always makes me feel special to have a set aside night each week for a date.  And I'm thankful for a husband that makes it a priority.  

I'm hoping for a fun and relaxing weekend this weekend.  Maybe I'll even do some Christmas crafts....
What are you up to this weekend?  

9 comments:

  1. My purse is backed with things like Airborne this time of year- try Zinc as well! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get a ball so I can do that ab workout! And yay for date nights! My husband and I just went on one last week and it was great. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ericka! I hope you have a good weekend too! And you're right - hooray for dates!

      Delete
  3. Hi there, stopping by from High Five for Friday..
    We keep Vitamin C around too. :0)
    Newest follower here...

    Hope you will come by and visit my blog sometime.
    Blessings to you and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    -Tina @ clutteredcorkboard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina! Thank you for following along; I'm headed over to Cluttered Corkboard in just a bit!

      Delete
  4. Loving your top 5 today! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's Blog Hop Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tiffany; thanks! The Blog Hop Blitz is a fun link up; thank you for hosting!!

      Delete
  5. I usually hate the trending Facebook status but i really enjoyed it this month, reading something positive on Facebook for a change!! I would love if you would come linkup with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Jennie! Stopped by your page just a bit ago; thanks for hosting!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)