Friday, November 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

And just like that, another week has come and gone.  No complaints around here though.  This week has been a fun one.  We've been doing some serious cleaning around here (more on that to come), which makes me happy.  And it's homecoming week at our alma mater, so I'm looking forward to seeing friends this weekend!

This week's top five:

1.  This super easy 2-ingredient pumpkin bread. Mix pumpkin and spice cake mix and bake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.  Original recipe is from Christina over at Carolina Charm, here.  

2.  Day light savings time.  The time changes usually throw me for a loop, but I've been trying to use this one to my advantage.  Since we've fallen back an hour, I've been going to be earlier and waking up earlier.  Hoping to continue this newly productive trend.  Of course, I prefer the longer days, but who knows, maybe this little productive trend will keep up.


3.  This candle.  You might recognize it (or not) from the fall mantel I showed you in this post.  This candle ended up being my absolute favorite.  Hands down and without question.  The scent was peppered citrus.  I loved the way it smelled burning and the fact that its smell lingered just long enough after.  It's all burned out now, and I'm not sure why the wax ended up being crazy and falling like that, but it's on the top 5 this week because good grief, it was a great candle.  


4. This article by Edie over at Life in Grace Blog.  Written, as it turns out back in 2012, but it just came across my Pinterest feed this week.  It's a great reminder to not become self-sufficient in our own capabilities and things, but to be reliant on Christ.  I've been reading Edie's blog for a while, and if you're in the market for new blogs to check out, she's got a great one.  
ourpoverty

5.  This.  Are you smiling yet?  Happy Friday, friends!  
Ahahahahahaah
via
Linking up to the the Friday parties today

11 comments:

  1. loving that pumpkin bread (my hubs loved it too!) and the daylight savings goodness as well!!! and so crazy about that candle...but still glad you loved it!!! :)
    xx
    elise
    happy friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I've been snacking on it all week long! :)

      Delete
  2. haha love the last one and I definitely had to look at the candle pic more than once! Thanks for sharing the recipe as well! -Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I have no idea how it ended up like that, but seriously, best candle ever. Happy day!

      Delete
  3. That pumpkin bread looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy, for sure! I was happy to find that recipe!

      Delete
  4. high five to your favorites mary leigh! i can't get over how the candle looks in the picture!

    thanks for joining the fun friday blog hop!
    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rea - I totally agree; it's crazy how it melted that way! Thanks for stopping by; I've returned the follow and am happy to be following along!

      Delete
  5. oh by the way, followed you on g+, follow back if you like....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 2 ingredients...definitely trying it! Same around here with daylight savings...we are all in bed earlier and up earlier, which has been nice. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Becky! It was so easy to make and good, too! I hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)