Friday, November 1, 2013

High Five on Friday

Happy Friday and Happy November!!  I'm happy to be back up to Five on Friday this week after being on vacation last week.  That's a good excuse, right?  And it's November already.  What?!

I'm starting to feel caught up though and as soon as I get this laundry done that's around the house I will be happy, happy, happy!

Here are this week's top 5:

1.  This haircut, which I decided to get the day we went on vacation.  This is the 3rd time I've grown it out and donated it.  I realize that some people are really connected to their hair, but I like it both long and short, so I'm always happy to have it chopped off and donated.  (And I got 50% off the cut for donating it, too...so I think that counts for being thrifty!)



2.  These shelves, which my dad recently hung above our bathtub.  It's a seemingly small thing, but boy am I happy to have a towel hook and these cabinets off the floor.  Also, I have the best dad.  


And now that they're hanging, I'm thinking of adding more to create a mini gallery on the wall.  

3. This frame that was free from the thrift store. 

I'm so happy with the way it finishes the mod-podge monogram, created here.  I'm also happy that it was free.  

4.  Y'all.  I was so happy to come back to the blog this past weekend to read all of your sweet comments and posts.  Being out at sea meant that I didn't have internet access for a while and while I had posts scheduled, I wasn't able to do anything with them once they posted.  But of course, because you're awesome, you stopped by anyway, so thank you for that.  You rock.  

5.  Vacation.  I think this photo speaks for itself.  Be sure to stop by on Monday for the full re-cap.  :)


I am always glad when the weekend gets here and I hope yours is just lovely!  

To see where all I'm linking up, be sure to stop by the Link Parties page!



16 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of hair! Love the hair cut though, really looks good on you.

    Stopping by from Sorry Not Social :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gee! I appreciate it. I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. I so wish my hair looked cute both short and long! Alas, it does not haha I have, however, donated my hair once and shaved my head once to support a friend with cancer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to be supportive of your friends! I've donated hair several times, but never have shaved it before!

      Delete
  3. Fun haircut AND the hair went to a good cause? Win win. Totally counts for being thrifty. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! I always trying to find the win-win! :) I appreciate you stopping by and hope you have the best weekend!!

      Delete
  4. oh wow your hair! looks FAB!! -love those shelves btw! Enjoy your weekend glad I found ya from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessi! Thanks so much! The shelves are from Target, and I love them WAY MORE on the wall rather than on the floor, where they had been living. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Your new haircut is SO cute, and what a sweet thing to donate your hair... that's awesome! Your vacation looks delightful... (I'm a tad jealous! haha!) I hope you have a great weekend, friend!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Abby! I figure if I'm getting rid of it anyway and someone else can use it, right? Love seeing your fun outfits over on Always, Abby! Happy Saturday!!

      Delete
  6. I've never had long hair, but WOW girl, you must have thick hair, and that's a lot cut off at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have super thick hair! It certainly feels a lot lighter now though!

      Delete
  7. Found you on the friday blog hop. Like your blog. Good work with the hair! Gonna follow you and see what else you get up to!
    tam @ spinstersnacks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tam! Thank you for following along! I appreciate it!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)