Monday, November 18, 2013

Homecoming weekend 2013

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a lovely and refreshing weekend!  We're fighting colds around here, so I continued to clean clean clean this weekend.  Last week though, I mentioned that it was homecoming weekend at our alma mater, and I'm super excited to be sharing that with you today.  

This year was the 4th homecoming since our graduation, and it was wonderful to have everyone back together again.  The weather was beautiful, we won the football game and about 15 of our college friends came over on Sunday afternoon for yard games, more football, games, snacks, and good times.  

Truly a great weekend that did my heart so much good.  





Oh I just love him to pieces.
Some of us before the game
College roommate - 4 years straight
We really had a wonderful time in college.  We were so blessed by all of our friends and continue to be blessed in opportunities to continue to grow together and share life.  I am so thankful for things like homecoming that bring us back together to our old stomping grounds. 

And of course, the next day was unseasonably warm, which was perfect to have friends over for games.  We soaked up every last bit of great weather and sunshine!  

One of my sweet sisters and my oldest friend.  So glad she could come to visit!
 It's hard to believe it's been 4 falls already.  (Not quite 4 years though since we graduated in May!)  Here's to the good times and all the times to come!

What a happy homecoming!  Do you go back to homecoming or class reunions?  How do you keep up with your friends from school?

And just in case you missed the twitter announcement, Thrift for Today is now on facebook.  That's been a long time coming on my to-do list and I am happy to have finally gotten around to it.  I'd love it if you'd follow along! Click here to "Like" Thrift for Today.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an amazing time! I love going back for homecoming games - it is just a good excuse to see all of your old friends! It seems like college was just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley! I totally agree! I love to have everyone together!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a great time. It is so nice to get back together with friends. Thank you for sharing on the Blog Hop Blitz! We really enjoyed all your photos.
    Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! We had a great time! I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)