Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I Wore: Bright orange sweater dress

Waaaayyyyy back in September, I posted this bright orange dress on one of my Five on Friday posts. I loved the bright orange and the red skinny belt and I loved even more that this sweater dress by Calvin Klein retails for over $100 but was in Ross for just $24.99.  When I tried it on, I knew it would be finding a nice little home in my closet.   


And a nice little home it has found.  I've worn this dress to a baby shower, church, work, and out to dinner.  I love that it is nice and warm and unlike so many sweater dresses, it's not super fitted around my hips/legs.  Remember when I posted here about wanting to be cozy and in oversized sweatshirts all winter long?  Well, sweater dresses are like fancy versions of that and I'm hoping to add a few more to my closet this winter.  This scarf is also a favorite from Wal-Mart for just $5 and those boots have been in the last 3 "what I wore" posts if that tells you anything about what I think of them.  


And I can't even believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  Where in the world is this year flying off to?  We're planning to enjoy the rest of the week and weekend enjoying our family, good food, and relaxation.  We really have so much to be thankful for and I'm always happy for the special holiday to celebrate just that.  

And who knows, this little number might make an appearance, too...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I'm taking the rest of this week off to celebrate Thanksgiving, so there won't be a post on Friday.  I'll be back next week and I'm excited to share a Thanksgiving recap and some fun Christmas DIY projects I've been working on!!

16 comments:

  1. Cute! Not sure I could pull off the orange but you can! Happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, too!

      Delete
  2. I just found you from The Pleated Poppy. Please don't think I am weird, but you look a little bit like me. :) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allison! Thanks for stopping by! And no worries, I don't think you're weird at all! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. This is like the ultimate Thanksgiving outfit! I love the orange on your- it looks fabulous! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I hope you're doing well! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I'm just popping over from the Life of Faith Bloglovin hop. I love this dress! I've been looking for a sweater dress too, but none if them seem to fit just right. :(
    Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
    Jessie
    www.jessieandconor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I agree - it can be hard to find ones that aren't so fitted at the bottom! I was happy to find this one for sure! Hopping over to your blog now!

      Delete
  5. Super cute dress! Love that you added the cream scarf with it, too. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutanet
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Stephanie! I hope you had a great one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on The Collective and just started following on google friend connect. That dress was definitely a great purchase!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I really appreciate you following along and look forward to keeping up with your running adventures!

      Delete
  8. New follower (on bloglovin) via the hop!!!! I love blogs that showcase a little of everything!!! Looks like I'm in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate you following along!

      Delete
  9. The dress is cute as can be, and with the scarf and boots it's perfect for chilly weather! Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosey! I have really enjoyed wearing it, that's for sure!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)