Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I Wore: Cobalt and white

One of the fun things about this time of year is that it's cold enough for boots, but not so cold that tights are required.  I mean, they're cute and all, but I'm not so crazy about being cold enough to have to wear them.  (I should add that it was below freezing last night, but the days around here have been nice for the most part.)

Another fun thing about this time of year is mixing fall things like boots with bright colors like this fun cobalt blue skirt.  


I've worn this outfit a few time already this season to church and to work.  It's comfy and stylish, which is a win in my book.  


The skirt is from Gap outlet on Black Friday last year.  It was on the clearance rack with an additional 40% off plus 10% off final thanks to AAA's retail discounts.  And I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.  The white turtleneck was another steal from Kohl's clearance rack early one spring a year ago or so, meaning I probably spent $3 on it.  


The boots are by Rampage (Sarabeth style as seen here) in their cognac color, which is perfect as far as I'm concerned.  The are soft on the inside and easy to walk in.  They've walked around all day in NYC and Savannah.  

And you might recognize that necklace, originally posted here.  (It's a Thrift for Today original.)

Finally, for good measure, a fun "the leaves are changing" photo.  I love this color orange! 


I'm not the only one in love with cobalt and other brights this fall am I?

10 comments:

  1. Love your skirt! Been drawn to Cobalt Blue lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gee! I really like it for the summer & fall!

      Delete
  2. I love that bright colored skirt! I love bright pencil skirts because they really make every outfit pop! It's also been nice where I live - I'm so thankful it's not too cold yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I've really been enjoying pencil skirts and definitely need to add more to my collection - they are so simple and classic. I hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, girl! I love the bright blue skirt!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Abby! (I love your new haircut by the way!)

      Delete
  4. Love anything thrifty!!! I'm a new follower of yours. Great blog:) Kendra

    Follow: http://fashiononthetrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kendra! I appreciate you following along!

      Delete
  5. Cute outfit! I love the blue skirt:)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)