Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What I wore: sweater and skinny belt

Hi there!  I've got to be honest, when I did my first "What I Wore" post, I thought it was silly.  But you knew that, because I told you that then.  But since then, it's been a kind of fun way for me to be creative about the things I'm wearing and to shop my closet to remember why I bought different things. It gets so easy to find a favorite sweater and to wear it over and over (and I'm a guilty party over here), but taking these little photos and sharing them is challenging me to take inventory of the things I have and to really evaluate if I love them or if they should go to someone else.  So far so good.  


So here it is, another "What I Wore", this time an outfit from casual Friday in the office.  I loved this outfit.  It was casual and comfy, but I still felt pulled together and comfortable in lots of situations (like babysitting after work and a get together with friends after that).  


You'll recognize the boots from this post and the skinny belt from this one.  (You might even recognize the rug from here.)

The new things here are the hunter green sweater and green and blue infinity scarf (I need more of these in my collection), which actually came together as a gift last Christmas.  The skinny jeans are from Target (seen here)  and they are the perfect amount of stretch to be comfy and flattering.  

And do you see that chunky brown wooden bangle bracelet?  That lovely thing is from our trip to the Bahamas.  I've been into layering different bracelets these days and that one goes with about anything!   


And that's about it. I'm still working on the fall style and frankly, I'm a little nervous for winter.  Basically, when it's cold, I want to be in cozy, oversized sweaters every.single.day.  And believe it or not, not much about that screams, "I have a professional job!"  So, I need something different. 

For more fun "What I Wore" posts, see here and here!

24 comments:

  1. Love that outfit! Definitely something I would wear. Comfy and casual, my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think posting what I was wearing was silly too, but now I love it! It makes me think about my closet it new ways which is so great! I love that pretty green cardigan and I love that you belted it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I actually didnt belt it last year when I wore it. Looking back, that was so silly!

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit! I hear ya on wanting to just snuggle up for winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Butfor real though in the winter...brrrrr!

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit! Olive green is my favorite color this fall.
    Stopping by from What I Wore Wednesday

    Alli
    http://thecheerfulcloset.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it's one of my favorites, too!

      Delete
  5. Very cute! I love the belt - it's a nice touch of sparkle on the green sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cute!! Maybe in winter you can layer a light sweater t-neck WITH a blazer and scarf - still be polished BUT warm n toasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is a great idea! I've been wanting to try wearing blazers!

      Delete
  7. Your sweater and scarf were meant to be together, what great colors!
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute - I love your scarf and how it co-ordinates with your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute outfit! I love the scarf. I have a little obsession with scarves and the colors in that one are beautiful!
    Newest follower from the Weekend Block Party Link Up!
    Miranda Pridgeon
    http://hurryupandwaitusmc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda! I agree about scarves - they are so fun!

      Delete
  10. What a cute outfit! Stopping by from the Block Party :)

    Char
    char|treuth 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Char! Hopping over to Char Treuth now! Love your style!

      Delete
  11. You look so cute!! And seriously, what I wore posts are fun to do. I didn't do them at first, but now I got hooked and they typically make a weekly appearance on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy them; they encourage me to be creative and find new ways to wear old things!

      Delete
  12. I love boots and skinny belts, just wish I could actually wear skinny belts. I can only wear them under cardigans and then only in the perfect circumstances. Love your outfit though. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Britni (and thanks for sharing on Pinterest...you rock!) I'm just getting into skinny belts this year...a little behind, but I've enjoyed them so far! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)