Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: A year in review

Wow.  Here we are at the end of 2013.  To be honest, this has been such a fun year over here on the blog.  I started this blog a while ago, but only this year have I really started to make an effort to be consistent and to connect with other bloggers and what a difference that has made!

I have learned so much over the course of the past year and I am so happy to have these little snippets of life documented here on Thrift for Today.

So grab some sweet tea (or diet coke, or caramel latte, whichever you choose) and join me for a bit as I recap some of the most memorable parts of 2013.

Most notably, we bought our first home in 2013.  You can see some of the posts from those early months here, here, and here.

 And, we celebrated one year of wedded bliss with a super fun filled weekend.

And we took a fun vacation down to the Bahamas and Savannah, Georgia!

As far as the blog goes, I've had lots of fun keeping up this year and I've got lots of fun ideas and plans for my little corner of the world wide web in the new year.  Before we get there though, I'd like to take a look back at the top 3 most popular posts from the year:

1. My favorite chocolate chip cookies.  No real surprises here, though.  Chocolate chip cookies are such a staple and these are seriously delicious.  I might be surprised if this wasn't the most popular post this year.

2. How to wash and whiten yellowed pillows.  So practical and helpful.

3.  Chocolate chip pizza goodness.  Y'all must really like chocolate chips!  But then again, so do I, so no judgement there.  And with just 4 ingredients, it is so easy to make!  


Finally, I'd like to hear from you.  Please let me know if there are any things that you would like to see on Thrift for Today!  

Otherwise, Happy New Year!  I look forward to seeing you again in 2014!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for first home purchase! What a charming house! We bought our first home this year as well! It's been exciting (and exhuasting ;)) trying to fix it up :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Now that we've been here for a while, the projects have slowed...mostly because I've gotten used to the paint not being perfect in some places...but now that we've cleaned up the Christmas things, I'm excited to get back to work on it! I hope you have a Happy New Year!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah.. I'm right there with ya. I look at all the places that need work, and I'm like, 'i'm in noooo hurry'. :P
      What's next on your project list?
      Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing house!! You guys are friggen adorable. <3


    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is SO cute! I'm happy to see you had such a good year. Blessings to you in 2014, friend!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)