Friday, December 6, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!  This has certainly been a full week over here!  I'm excited for the weekend for sure, but I sure am not looking forward to the rain that the weather report tells me will be here soon.

Anyway, I'm happy to be sharing this week's top 5 with you!  I'm linking up with the girls at Five on Friday, High Five for Friday and Friday Favorites, per usual on these days.

1. DIY Christmas decorating.  The craft bug has struck and I'm in full Christmas mode around the Thrift for Today House.  Hopefully you saw my recent DIY Noel sign for the mantel earlier this week, I've got awesome posts scheduled from some super contributors for the next few weeks (see the first guest post here), and I've still got a few projects of my own to share.  I didn't want to spend lots of money on decorations this year (since I'll get them the day after for next year) so I've been trying to be crafty and use what we have.  Like the cylinder vases below - they're from our wedding.  I just dropped some ornaments in them and wrapped them with some left over ribbon and they look great!

2.  The weather today.  It's in the 70's.  In December.  It's unusual, but I prefer it to freezing for sure.

3.  The Share Your Stuff Tuesday link party by Our Table for Seven.  This week, my post was the most viewed link for the second week in a row!  This week's most viewed post was my fudgy chocolate chip brownies, and the week before featured the tutorial for washing pillows.  I've felt so honored to have so many people checking out those links!

4.  The Sound of Music Live.  Did anyone else watch it on NBC last night?! I know there will probably be lots of people to say that the NBC version isn't as good as the original classic, but I really enjoyed it!  

5.  The Most Important Christmas Choice:  A Proverbs 31 devotion posted this week by Tracie Miles.  In it, she encourages us to follow after the example of the angels and to choose to worship the Christmas season.  Amidst all the hustle and bustle to stop and worship.  

"There will be lots of choices to be made during the month of December: where to serve, what gifts to buy, and how many events to attend. The most important choice we can make is to worship and sing praises to our Lord. For His gift. For His love. For His peace."

So tell me, what are you up to this week?  Do you have big plans for the weekend?




17 comments:

  1. We do have plans for every weekend until the holiday gets here. We are busy, but happy busy. :) I'm visiting today from Fun Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that! "Busy, but not bad" is how I always describe this time of year! :)

      Delete
  2. It was 70 here in MD yesterday. Crazy. I would really love some snow for the Holidays, but after January I'm over it and I want Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I love the warm weather for sure, but it only feels right for it to be cold during Christmas. And then I'm ready for the warm again.

      Delete
  3. I love me some DIY Christmas decor because it's always fun to see what others can come up with. It always inspires me to try something new. I was only able to watch a snipped of The Sound of Music. Some people loved it and others hated it. Stopping by from the link up today!
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've been really encouraged to try new projects this year! And I know! I saw so many mixed reviews. I liked it though!

      Delete
  4. I really like the ornament decorations you made! And I watched The Sound of Music last night too and I liked it! I went into it knowing that they were doing the stage version and not the movie version so I knew it would be different and I tried to think of it as it's own entity and not compare it to the movie (which was hard!). But I thought they did a good job for what it was. And Audra McDonald was AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I think that attitude certainly helped - knowing that it was a different performance totally.

      Delete
  5. Great idea of using your cylinder vases for your wedding! I kept a few from our wedding, and I have some left over ornaments...I totally need to pull them out and do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DVR'd the Sound of Music! Can't wait to watch it this weekend. I love your DIY stuff!

    You are talented.

    Found you on the link up!

    Jill @ http://youmeandcapri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. I am not looking forward to all the rain this weeken either! I love your Christmas decor! I have lots of DIY Christmas decor on my list I just need a few extra hours in my day :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! I know how you feel; this month seems to be flying by!

      Delete
  8. I love the colorful Christmas balls in the glass vases- simple and so festive! Happy Weekend, friend!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I hope all is well your way!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tasha! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)