Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Favorites

It is Friday at last and I am happy it's the weekend!  We don't have huge plans this weekend, but we do have a fun Christmas party tonight and perhaps even a basketball game on Saturday.  And of course the regular things like cleaning and other fun things like gift wrapping, so it should be a nice balance of fun events and relaxing productivity at home!  I can't wait!

So, I'm mixing things up a little bit today with the Friday post.  Things have been busy around here and while I've been doing fun things, I haven't had too much time to either snap photos of the fun or to take photos off of the camera for le blog.  And so today, I'm following my friend Jennie and posting 5 favorites for the week.

1.  Favorite video.  I know this one might be old news by now, but I still really like it.  It made me so happy to see all those passengers be happy.  So happy that I cried.


2.  Favorite Christmas craft.  This one from Tonya over at Love of Family and Home.  By the way, she made that ornament out of a toilet paper roll.  Thrifty? Check.  Fun? Check.  Fancy? Check.  Love it!
DIY Christmas ornaments from toilet paper rolls!  Doesn't get more thrifty than that!

3.  Favorite verse pinned this week. 
James 1:12
via
4. Favorite Fall outfit. I love the puffer vest!!
via
5. Favorite sunburst mirror.  I realize I'm a little behind on the sunburst mirror thing, but I've got a fun idea for this mirror.  Trust me.  I'm making this in the new year.  
DIY sunburst mirror
via

12 comments:

  1. Totally cried when I watched that video! So amazing to make all of those people happy at Christmas time. That's what the giving spirit is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Seems like a great marketing strategy - would definitely make the stress of traveling this time of year so much less...but I did think to myself with the TV, "how in the world are they getting that back home?" haha.

      Delete
  2. I love the puffer vest! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I need to add that to my closet stat! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. The outfit with the puffy vest is so cute! And I love the sunburst mirror. Stopping by from the linkup!
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great pins, I love that TP ornament! My daughter makes great things w/ tp rolls!
    Visiting from Fun Friday!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! It's so impressive to me how many adorable things you can make with them!

      Delete
  5. LOVE that verse! Merry Christmas to you, friend! :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you, Abby!! Merry Christmas to you, too!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hello I am your newest follower on your blog would love for you to follow me back. Thanks :) Feel free to Like or Follow me on my other media sites!!!

    http://taracl2011.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveLaughLove/123392547737823
    https://twitter.com/LiveLaughhLovee
    http://pinterest.com/taracl85/
    http://instagram.com/nicksmom2007

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw what a lovely post!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)