Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Getting back into a routine for 2014

Disclaimer:  This post is a quick catch up of things going on around here.  No fancy project or idea, just random, jumbled, but written out thoughts.  So, if you'd like to know how things are around here,  Happy Tuesday!!

Yesterday, I set my alarm clock for the first time since last Monday.  And today, I set it, but only to get back into routine since today and tomorrow are office holidays for me.

We were so incredibly blessed to be able to visit and spend lots of time relaxing with one another and with both of our families this Christmas.  And now that the Christmas decorations are packed away and our floors are vacuumed, our house feels awfully bare and I'm starting to get the decorating/project bug again.  I've got lots of plans for 2014 around here and once I'm able to get them out of my head and into a list form, I'll be sharing them here so you can keep up with what's happening.

It's hard to believe that we've been in this house for 9 months already...in some ways I feel like we've been here forever and in others it still all feels new.

And while we had all this time away from work, I also took a little hiatus from blog-land and that was surprisingly refreshing.  I had a couple of posts, but was really off of social media, I had plans to use the time to get some content written, or at least drafted, but spent most of the time thinking about changes I'd like to make in the new year.  And while I don't have anything major to announce, I'm hoping a few tweaks here and there to make things run more smoothly around here.
And since photos make all posts a little better, I thought I would share these fun ones from a basketball game earlier this month.  My alma mater played one of my sisters' alma mater and we all had lots of fun cheering on our teams:




4 comments:

  1. Hello! Just found your blog via the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop over at Simply Anchored. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday...I'm excited to start following along and to see what you have in store for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lizzy! Thank you so much for stopping by and following along! Hopping over to Minnesota Night now!

      Delete
  2. A new year is a perfect time to jump start a new routine! Have a great New Years :)

    Stopping by from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by; you're right about this being the time. I'm hoping to start this year productively, that's for sure!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)