Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mini Caramel Apples {Guest Post}

Today I'm excited to be sharing another Christmas recipe from Ericka over at This Crazy Thing Called Life.  Of course this is the second of the Christmas guest post series, and I'm thankful for all these wonderful new recipes!  Be sure to follow Ericka on social media here: Twitter, Pinterest.  Now onto these yummy caramel apples:

Hi there!  I'm Ericka and I blog at This Crazy Thing Called Life.  I'm a newlywed, dog momma, and first-time home owner.  I blog about our wedding/married life, home/DIY projects, recipes, and everything in between.  Please stop by and say hi!  

I'm excited that Mary Leigh is letting me share a fun recipe with you, just in time for all of your holiday parties!  After seeing this pin for Mini Caramel Apples, I knew I wanted to make them for our Thanksgiving parties, but they would be perfect for your holiday parties too!  They were actually really easy to make, just takes a little time, depending on how many you want to make.

Here's what you'll need:


Caramel Bits (I used two bags)
Apples
Melon Baller
Toothpicks

Use your melon baller to make "mini apples" and then stick a toothpick in the top of each one. (I got about 5-7 mini apples out of each regular apple, and my apples were small to begin with.)


Melt your caramel bits according to the directions on the package.

Dip your mini apples in the caramel so that the apple is covered.  I then wiped the excess off the bottom of the apple (I just wiped it on the spoon I was using to stir the caramel).

Sprinkle your caramel apples with the toppings of your choice.  I found that my crushed walnuts didn't stick very well, but sprinkles did!

I did some plain and some with sprinkles.  How cute would these be with Christmas sprinkles on them??



Make sure you stick them in the fridge for a while after they are done so the caramel can set.

Then, enjoy the bite size caramel apple goodness!

A couple of helpful hints I learned:

I put mine on wax paper, but that didn't work so well.  I had to carefully peel each mini caramel apple off the wax paper so that none of the wax paper stuck to the caramel.  I think putting them directly on a cookie sheet or plate might work better.

After you dip the apples in the caramel, hold them upside down for maybe 20 seconds, so the caramel doesn't all run to the bottom.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting guest post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy, delicious, and unique. I like it. :) Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)