Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What I Wore: Cable knit sweater and boots

Welcome to yet another edition of What I Wore!  Today I'm sharing a fun fall outfit that I decided to wear on a blustery cold fall day.

And yes, we spent a good chunk of time raking and bagging leaves this afternoon.  We also spent a good chunk of time contemplating whether or not to go ahead and shake the other leaves off the trees and get them at the same time.  We didn't.


And a big thank you to the hubs for taking these photos in the cold.  Think high of 38 and windy and you'd have an accurate picture of the weather.  But sunny, hence that squinty smile and the shadows.  

But, I really liked this outfit and have of course worn it since.  The skirt was a clearance rack find and the sweater was a gift from my parents about 3 Christmases ago.  


I was nervous about mixing brown and black with the tights and the boots.  But frankly, it was too cold not to and although I tend to stick to those kinds of rules, I decided that since they were more tan and not dark brown it was fine.  And also warmer.  But I think this is okay now?  They make riding boots that mix black and brown, so certainly it's fine to break the rules sometimes, am I right?  


And there was no way I was taking all these photos and not throwing leaves in at least one of them.  (Actually, I threw leaves in two of them, but the first one is only me with my arms in the air looking silly, so I skipped that one.)  :)  

The leaves are pretty, no?  But, man, the raking...not so much.  Happy fall, though, right?

11 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! It's 100% a result from shopping the closet. They're all pieces I've had, I just hadn't matched them together until now!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that outfit is so pretty and chic! I have no fashion sense at all haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jumper!
    Love the last pic of the leaves falling :)

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! It took a few shots to get that one right! :)

      Delete
  4. I recently mixed black and brown (on my blog) for the first time and I liked it! It's so funny how things I used to think were bad are ok now! I love the outfit - that skirt is such a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley and I totally agree about bending the rules. I'm heading over to check out your outfits right now!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful look! I'm a new follower:) love your blog! Follow me at http://fashiononthetrend.blogspot.com
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kendra! I appreciate you following along; I hope you'll enjoy!

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! Such a great sweater and boots.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)