Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What I Wore: Green and Leopard

Warning: there are more pictures in this post than most other "what I wore" posts.  But that's only because this was a super fun outfit, in which I got to wear a leopard print skinny belt and a skirt, top, and shoes all of which were from a thrift store and already in my closet.


I've said before how posting regular what I wore photos is really helping me go through my closet to create new outfits that I haven't thought of before.  This is another result of that.  Why have I not put these pieces together before?!


I didn't buy any of these pieces together.  I got the skirt from Goodwill a while ago, because it was a neutral pencil skirt that fit well, so I figured it would be great and versatile.  I got the shirt this past summer from a local thrift store because it was short sleeved, and flowy, and a bright shade of green that works in all seasons.  The scarf is one that's made an appearance before and was just $5 from Wal-Mart.  


The shoes were another Goodwill find, and quite the steal if I say so myself.  Shoes are, in my opinion, the most difficult thing to find in good condition at thrift stores.  So, when I found these classic black pumps, I snatched them up for occasions like this.  Or for professional events, but these outfits are certainly more fun.  The leopard belt was a gift from my parents several Christmases ago and I've had the tights for a while and have no idea where they came from.  

And of course I'm stacking bracelets again.  The silver bangle was a gift for high school graduation and the black wooden one is from an international fair also in high school, so they are oldies but goldies.  


Officially, this outfit is a date night ensemble, but is so festive for this time of year, I certainly think it would be great for a Christmas party with friends or co-workers, church, or any other get together this time of the year.  


And of course, just another reminder that my closet's not so bad after all and that while I do love shopping for new clothes, there are some gems already at home with a little creativity.  What new outfits have you put together shopping your closet?

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit! I love the pairing of your green shirt with the leopard belt. Stopping by from WIWW!

    Alli
    http://thecheerfulcloset.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alli! I always love to find new ways to wear that leopard belt! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! So happy to find another soul who pieces outfits together from Goodwill! It looks Awesome!

    Visiting from The Pleated Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hooray! I love finding fun pieces like this on a deal! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. i love your outfit! that skirt is an amazing goodwill find, theres so many ways you could wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! It was certainly a good "investment"! Especially now that I've started wearing it with tights this time of year!

      Delete
  4. Such great finds! Love the emerald green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit and I love thrift store shopping! I'm still too nervous to do outfit posts, but I do want to start showing off some of my finds. I'm a new follower from Fun Friday and I look forward to seeing more outfit posts from you... Maybe it will push me to do one myself one of these days. ;)
    http://creating-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and following along, Carly! I have really enjoyed doing these posts! It's fun to shop my closet and find new ways to wear things I already have, for sure!

      Delete
  6. I pretty much wish I had that exact shirt :) I love it! Green is my favorite color and I love how flowy and fancy it is. I love that you got it at a thrift store. So cute, Mary Leigh.

    Oh and P.S. I am a new follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley! It was certainly a steal that's for sure! I really enjoy wearing it!!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)