Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What I Wore: Layered sweater & button up

Welcome to yet another edition of "What I Wore"!  I hesitate to call these "fashion" posts (although I know deep down that's what they are) because frankly, this is just a collection of what I'm wearing.  And while I like these outfits, I certainly don't always feel like I'm on top of all the fashion trends this time of year.  

I like these posts though since they encourage me to shop my closet and to think of creative ways to wear the clothes that I already have.  And usually, they keep me aware of how many clothes I have and how to be versatile with those.  


But this post is a little bit different, because it reminds me of things that I want.  I know, I know...
This was such a comfy outfit.  I'm wearing my favorite stretch skinny jeans, a thrifted button up (also seen here), and a super soft sweater on top of it all.

And then I have the necklace I wear with everything.  And I love it.  But I think this outfit is screaming for a fun statement necklace to top it off.  I've got a couple, but neither of them looked quite right.  So now I'm on the hunt for a new necklace.  And with Christmas time right around the corner, I might just be in luck.  That's an appropriate stocking stuffer, right?!


Regardless though, this was still a fun outfit.  :)


And I got to wear some of my favorite year-round shoes:  these navy canvas oxfords from Target.  




8 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Simple, but those are sometimes the outfits that turn out the best :) I really like your bracelets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! Simple is definitely my go to! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute outfit, found you from the Pleated poppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This looks very cozy, but with the weather, I have finally given in and am wearing socks and boots now - I would love a necklace as a stocking stuff, I mostly get deodorant and razors :P

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost always in socks and boots this time of year, but we've had a few unseasonably warm days so I cut get by with the low cut socks and canvas sneakers! And I'm the same way with stocking stuffers (and even put both deodorant and razors on my wish list this year!), but a girl can wish, right?! :)

      Delete
  4. A button down with a sweater is a great classic, simple look! The Limited is one of my favorite places to shop for reasonable statement necklaces.

    Lisa @ Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I will have to stop by sometime when I'm at the mall!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)