Monday, January 13, 2014

Chocolate & cream cheese brownies: a Hershey's classic

This weekend was just what I needed.  Way too quick, but just on time.  As far as blogging goes, I linked up to my first link party in about 2 weeks, which is very unlike me, but life has been busy busy busy and so it goes.  

Today, though, I'm super excited to share a new recipe with you all: Chocolate & Cream Cheese Brownies!  Most of my recipes are "pinspired", but I recently re-found this awesome cookbook by Hershey's and decided to give this brownie recipe a try.  


One word about it:  YUMMY.  If you're looking for an alternative to your regular brownies, I'd recommend giving this a try.  


INGREDIENTS
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened 
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 12 oz. package)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 baking pan. 
2. Blend 1 1/2 sticks of butter and cream cheese (set 1/2 of one stick to the side)
3. Add sugar and mix well
4. Add egg & vanilla and mix well
5. Melt remaining 1/2 stick of butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally (I started this in the beginning so it would be melting while I mixed all the other ingredients.  I used my new double-boiler to melt the chocolate and butter, and it worked out well.)


6. Gradually add chocolate mixture to cheese mixture, blending well
7. Stir together flour and baking powder and blend into chocolate mixture
8. Spread batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes (Batter will be much thicker than your usual brownie mix)
9. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those sound delightful! I'm always looking for a good new baking recipe, and this sounds like a great classic to share! Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I never make home made brownies (usually from a box), so those look extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet these brownies are so creamy and rich with the cream cheese in it! That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination! Thanks for posting on the Four Seasons Blog Hop! Sandra from Scrumptilicious 4 You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! Totally diet-busting! But they look SO good! Thanks for linking to the Weekend re-Treat Link Party! xo, S.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)