Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday

What a whirlwind of a week!  2 vacation days right smack dab in the middle to celebrate the New Year and here we are at another weekend.  I've been excited this week to spend time with friends ringing in the new year and to be getting back somewhat into a routine in the office and at home since getting back from our Christmas travels.

In other news, I've been fighting a just bad enough to be annoying colds this week and have slowly moved through each symptom of the common cold, the last being runny/stuffy nose.  And I will be a happy happy girl when I'm totally done with that.  Not to worry though, that certainly has not stopped any of the fun times around here and I'm pumped to be sharing another five on Friday post here on Thrift for Today with 5 random things from the past week.  

1.  Celebrating the New Year with this handsome guy.  And several of our friends from college.  And yes, that is a plaid jacket he's wearing.  He's got a whole collection of silly suits saved just for occasions like this and I don't mind one little bit.  :)

2.  Arrow.  Over Christmas, we ended up watching the entire first season of CW's series, Arrow.  And I'm hooked.  It's based off DC Comic's Green Arrow, which I haven't read, but I'm trying to catch up on the first part of Season 2 before it comes back on CW on January 15.

3.  Puffs...because a nose in need...
This one is only partially a joke.  Meaning, I wish it was a joke.  
4. This big dog and his bone. 

5.  And this little dog trying to take it away. 
The last 2 are my brother's dog and one of my sister's dog respectively.  One of the fun things about having all of us together is getting to play with these fun pups.  And seriously, how funny is the little one (Chance) trying to steal the big one's (Diesel) bone?  

That does it for this week.  I hope everyone has a super fun weekend ahead!!  





3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Lauren's High Five for Friday link-up!

    How funny is that little dog?! My cousins all have dogs and it is so funny when they all get together! The little ones try to steal the huge bones, and the huge ones take the tiny bones and have them all gone within a few minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little dog trying to steal that big bone is too funny! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby's suit collection is so funny... sounds like something my BF would do! :) My brother has been watching Arrow on DVD... maybe I need to borrow them and try it myself, now that I hear a girl likes it too!
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)