Like it always does, Friday has come this week just on time - just in time for me to need a weekend to re-coup, refresh, and relax.
I'm pumped to be sharing Five on Friday again this week and have compiled a nice, random assortment of things from this week for you all to enjoy.
1. "The fondest memories are made when gathered around the table" wall decal. My youngest sister got this for us for Christmas, but we just recently were able to get it up in the kitchen. (Forgive the photo...I'm not entirely sure the best way to take a photo of something that wide so close to the ceiling...). I am so happy with it. And since we were able to have friends over for dinner this week, it was especially true. Although, much of our conversation was spent swapping college stories and pranks. Essentially, we came to the conclusion that it could also be true that the fondest memories are relived when gathered around the table. :)
2. These mirrored wall panels from Kirkland's. I love them so much. They are hanging together as pictured below on one of our two story walls and I couldn't be more happy with the way they turned out. I realize this photo is completely out of context with the rest of the room, but I'm gearing up for a home anniversary tour in just a couple of months, so I don't want to give too much away.
3. This laundry room sign. Yet another purchase from Kirkland's. And no, Kirkland's did not sponsor this post...but if they'd like to I wouldn't say no. Basically, I went to Kirkland's 3 out of 4 consecutive days within the last week. I just couldn't totally make up my mind about some of the pieces and always ended up getting something else each time I went in. I was also able to get some great design advice for our mantel, which is sitting pretty bare these days since the Christmas decorations have come down. I have a big clock above the mantel (also from Kirkland's) and then have been kind of lost and what year-round decorations to add. I was able to show the associates a picture and they went right to work making suggestions and showing me different pieces that would work well. Love that store.
4. Some small steps towards a more organized home thanks to these sweet little baskets from Target, which were on clearance for just $0.88 each. At that price I absolutely could not leave them in the store. Really. So, welcome home little baskets. :)
5. And finally, I want to give a little hoorah for some snow around here that didn't completely make a mess of the highways. I actually don't love the snow, but mostly because I don't love the cold...which is a prerequisite for snow. But this one makes it into the top five because it came and went without being crazy, which is what I prefer if we have to have snow. (Either that or enough snow to close the office. It's the slick, icy snows that are just enough to be messy, but not enough to close the office that I do not like one bit.) And if I'm honest, I don't hate the way the snow looks sitting on the evergreens.
What have you been up to this week?