Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Last minute party snacks: pigs in a blanket

Who doesn't love a good, trusty last minute party snack?!  I mentioned last week that we were able to ring in the new year with some of our college friends and since my office was closed on New Year's Eve, I volunteered to bring over some of the food.

My go-to is usually something sweet, but I thought it probably best to bring over something sweet and something with a little more sustenance.  And so pigs in a blanket (or pigs in blankets?) it was.

This is such a simple and frankly good treat so I thought it worthy of a share.

INGREDIENTS
1 package of cocktail wieners
2 packages of refrigerated croissant rolls (I use the jumbo ones)


DIRECTIONS
1. Be sure that wieners are thawed and not frozen
2. Preheat oven to 350
2. Separate and flatten croissant rolls
3. Cut each roll into fourths
4. Wrap each wiener (like photo above) 
5. Cook for 15-17 minutes


Easy enough, right?  You can also sprinkle a little cheese on top or add to the inside for a little something extra.  

These are a filling, easy, and fun snack, so they are often a staple when I'm bringing over party food.  

What are your quick and easy go-to party foods?



4 comments:

  1. These are my absolute favorite!! It's a little dangerous for me to make these at my house though because I will eat all of them when no one is looking...haha, but it's a go-to party food for me as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go-to party food is sausage dip. I brown a pound of sausage, drain, and add a block of cream cheese and a can of rotel. Everyone loves it, and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious, Kathryn; I very well might have to try that soon! I hope all is well your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Your snack was my feature pick at Link'n Blogs this week. I just love whipping these up for a quick snack at a party, so I HAD to feature it. Check it out here and please link up again!
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-10.html

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)