Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On purpose: My 2014 New Year's Resolution

Hey there, 2014!  Happy New Year!

New Year's resolutions are funny things to me.  It always comes across to me as an opportunity to re-list out all the things that I listed last year - the things I know I should already be doing, or have been thinking about doing, or want to do, but haven't taken the initiative to do yet and hoping that somehow I'm going to follow through with them this year.  

We have a list of goals that we do keep up with in 6 month intervals around here, which are very helpful, but the resolution list for some reason just never resonates with me.  (And maybe it's just me, but still.)

And so this year, instead of a long list of things I need to get better at, I decided to have one overarching theme for 2014:  on purpose.  


This is just about being intentional - acting with purpose in all areas of my life.  To be to be intentional about my walk with Christ, to be intentional about how I spend my time, intentional about relationships, and the way we invest our resources.

The fact of the matter is, we only get this year one time.  And you can choose to embrace it and be on purpose, or you can choose to not to.  I want to be on purpose.

What about you?  Do you make New Year's resolutions?  If yes, what are your plans for 2014?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)