Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New resolve - getting fit and healthy

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,  for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."
               -1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Way back when, I used to post monthly goals here on the blog.  (See here & here).  And then I didn't post them anymore.  Because honestly, they were the same things over and over.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  

I was recently talking with one of my sisters who is currently training for a 5K about faith and fitness.  And the fact that our bodies are temples.  We were bought with a high price.  And I think a lot about being a good and responsible steward with our resources - with our finances and our time and our relationships.  But when it comes to my own body - it's easy to put off regular fitness (I'm not talking running for miles and miles here...just basic regular exercise) and healthy eating (again, not strict and super restrictive dieting...have you seen most of the recipes on here?! Just making good decisions.)

So, this week at the grocery store, I picked up more fruit for snacks.  We always pack fruit in our lunches, but I thought this was an easy and simple start to keep more fruit around here for snacking at home.  

And I've been browsing Pinterest for quick and simple workouts that are feasible for me to do.  By feasible, I mean easy enough that I can convince myself that I have time to do them after work and in the midst of the rest of the calendar.  So far, I've been starting on a couple below.  

Quick workout DID IT = TOOK LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. I'LL ADD IT TO THE ROTATION.
via

via
And so this is my new resolve.  Another good habit that I need to get back in the routine of.  How do you make time to stay fit?  What are your favorite healthy snacks?

4 comments:

  1. I've been loving healthy green smoothies lately..fruit, spinach, almond milk, ice, and some whey vanilla protein powder...easy way to get some goo nutrients! I'm also try to work out more too. I love doing easy workouts at home, so I pinned the two you listed here-they will be great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I've been doing High Intensity Interval Training- you can do it in 15 minutes and burn tons of calories, plus there are free full HIIT videos all over youtube! it's the best! I post about all the free HIIT programs I've found on my blog . Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like snacking on raw carrots and celery. I take them to work for when I'm documenting at the end of the day--instead of snacking on candy. I also love making smoothies in the morning; for me, it's easier to take in a lot nutrients that way--from fruit, yogurt, even oats. My favorite workout is Pure Barre, and I usually schedule my classes the week before so it's in my planner. Each class is only an hour and works my entire body. Good for you for making healthy choices and honoring God!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)