Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Parmesan Chicken

There are times when I find recipes on Pinterest that look delicious, but way too complex for my after work dinner making abilities.  And then there are times when I find recipes that look delicious and just simple enough for me to feel confident about pulling off during the week.  

And when I find those recipes, I pin them and make them immediately.  That happened this week and this Parmesan Chicken plate was the result: 

The original pin is here and links to this recipe

INGREDIENTS
Chicken breasts (I used 4 chicken breasts so we'd have leftovers to pack for lunch)
2 eggs, whites only
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I used about 1/2 - 3/4 cups of shaved Parmesan cheese...see photo below)
Ground black pepper (I used regular black pepper off the table)



DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
Dip chicken breasts in egg whites and coat evenly
Dip in Parmesan cheese and again coat evenly
Cook in glass baking dish for 45 minutes

My version of "coating evenly"
While the chicken was baking, I made ziti on the stove top and sauteed red, green, and yellow peppers.  I served the chicken over pasta and peppers with spaghetti sauce.

De-licious.  Hubs even asked if we could add it to the dinner menu rotation.  That's a win in my book.  


I love to try new things in the kitchen and I am stoked when they turn out as delicious as this meal. 

I also want to give a shout out to the newest addition on my sidebar: Kristen from Treats & Travels!  Be sure to check out her blog for lots of great ideas and sweet treats!  

Treats and Travels

And I would just love it if you would grab my new little button over there on the side, too!  Be on the lookout for button swap opportunities coming soon!


5 comments:

  1. Chicken Parmesan is one of my absolute favorite meals and yours looked awesome! I agree, when it's asked to be added to the list of regular meals, I consider it a win too!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for introducing me - and thank you for choosing a delicious post to do it through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I'm always looking for easy, weekday meals and this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love the sound of this! I'll definitely need to make this with spaghetti squash for the hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my daughters favorite foods, that and eggplant Parmesan. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop. Pinning now.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)