Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Holy Guacamole

Or just regular guacamole, but still.  I think my taste buds are changing.  Is that a thing?  I've never liked guacamole before.  Maybe it's the texture.  Maybe it's because I just didn't think I liked avocados.  Maybe it's something totally different.  I don't know.  But what I do know is that hubs and I were recently visiting friends of ours who made guacamole and I decided to try it.  I then proceeded to help finish it off.

And then two days later, I remembered that there were avocados, lime juice, and salt in the guacamole, and something else.  And instead of consulting pinterest, I immediately texted our friend who confirmed that it was diced tomatoes.  Of course!


I quickly went to the grocery store and picked up the supplies.  It took about 15 minutes from start to finish for this recipe, so that is a major plus around here.  

Ingredients
2 avocados, peeled and mashed
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
1 Tbs lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Mix ingredients in a medium-large bowl.  Adjust as needed.  

Ultimately, this is kind of a throw it all together, guess, check, and revise recipe for me.  Above is the basic ingredients list.  I kept trying it until it was just right.  You may want more or less of any of the above.  

I added salt and pepper last and probably ended up with about a tsp (maybe a little less) of salt and just a hint of pepper.  

This is a great and healthy treat that is sure to be a hit at your next gathering...or weekend at home.  :)

14 comments:

  1. I had never tried guac before our honeymoon in Mexico and I loved it! Now I make it all the time! I love how easy it is to make too- just throw things together in a bowl and call it good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have to go and make me some!!! Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taste buds changing is definitely a thing! I learned to like guacamole when I dated a boy who introduced me to it -- he just mixed avocado, jarred salsa, and garlic salt. So easy and good! Then one day I was eating avocado on a sandwich and felt sick and had to take a break from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I love making guac ! we are growing some jalepenos in our backyard and cant wait to use them for the guac !
    xo
    M
    Simply Sutter

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls love guacamole. I will have to make this for them :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IL ive in the land of guacamole (South Texas) and your recipe is spot on.
    I hope you'll share this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.
    Just stop by my blog Thursday to join in.
    We would love to have you!
    Laura

    http://www.whitespraypaintblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. How do you feel about onion in your guac? I've tried that before too, and don't hate it. It's not my fave though so I didn't include it here. I've linked up and added your party to the link party page. Best!

      Delete
  7. I live in Texas and guacamole is a staple here! Love my avocados.
    Thanks for sharing this great recipe with us at TOHOT!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love avocados around here, too! Good thing they are so healthy for you! Thanks for hosting a great party and for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love guac so much and can't wait to try it. We so appreciate you joining the Thoughts of Home on Thursday gathering. May you have a delightfully lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. This is such an easy recipe. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. Looks so easy! I should just make my own guac, I bet it tastes so much better than store bought. Thanks for sharing at You Link It, We Make It, we hope to see you back tomorrow. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO simple! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)